• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

updates on alberques on this camino...

greetings peregrino´s, the rain had finally stopped, and i arrived in braga yesterday, it was just to beautiful of a town to leave. so i stayed the night at the alberque at the convent, 20 euro for a beautiful room all to yourself, and great breakfast. i left barcelos this morning at 10am and fiñished the 33 km by 5, i was very surprised to find a New alberques here, right acroos the mediveal bridge. 3 euro and free internet, im the only pilgrim here tonight, it is open from 1700~2200. Very nice! i will send out info, on any alberques open or new on my journey, should arrive in santiago near the 25th or so.....buen camino.....just a note..as i was walking today from barcelos, i really missed the camino francis, i happen to like small, old towns, simple people etc...it works for me.....i was taken back on how many very nice homes are here throughtout this walk today, and a bit too much asphalt for me....but i stayed focused on this ~being a very new and different camino for me, and once i saw this lovely town of ponte de lima, my thoughts and heart were brought back to the here and now....where it should be........buen camino to all.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
well you are a bit of route aren't you?
The Caminho Portugués doesn't pass Braga - maybe thats why you didn't meet so many people and also the time of year.. :)
I went for the first time in July and as Spain and the last 100km came closer, more and more "Dominqueros" joined the Caminho.. :(
But I liked the peace and quiet on The Portugues Caminho :D

peregrino robert said:
The Caminho Portugués doesn't pass Braga

I beg to differ. There are three caminos from Porto and one of them passes through Braga.
The split is right before the climb to the Torre dos Clerigos near the Praca da Liberdade in Porto.
Another one goes along the coast and splits from the central one at Puente de Barreiros near Aràujo.

Your choice now!
Jean-Marc

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Canuck said:
peregrino robert said:

I beg to differ. There are three caminos from Porto and one of them passes through Braga.
The split is right before the climb to the Torre dos Clerigos near the Praca da Liberdade in Porto.
Another one goes along the coast and splits from the central one at Puente de Barreiros near Aràujo.

Your choice now!
Jean-Marc

Sorry my mistake

Canuck said:
peregrino robert said:

Your choice now!
Jean-Marc
yes, very true, the walk from braga to pont de lima is 40km rather then the 33 from barcelos. by the way, ALL alberques are open, most open at 1pm, except in valenca, which opens at 6pm, but the fire station will watch your bags. tui was open, and all the way to santiago!! i think that is great, and a nice surprise, finally after 5 days i came across 4 pereginos, and we have alll arrived in santiago today, tomorrow its time for my first walk to finisterre. love to all, from the way........

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back