• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Uploading Photos On Public Computers

tishmurph

Forgive me if I missed this topic someheres on the forum. I need help figuring out how to get pictures from my camera card onto a travel blog, while using library and internet cafe computers. Can anyone help me understand how to do this? Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Tish,
You will need a USB lead to fit your camara with the usual USB end for the computer. On most computers that I used I made a file called 'fotos' and used the 'wizard' that was already there todownload from my camera to the file. Disconnect camera and work from the file as normal to the 'blog' / e-mail. Don't forget to delete the file you have made before leaving the computer! It is suprising what people leave behind in the public domain :shock: Most public libraries have computers that you can use for free! Otherwise cafes have coin in the slot or pay at the desk. The phrase you need is "Quiero grabar fotos de mi camara" or something like that! I found folk extremely helpful.

blessings
Tio Tel

P.S. There are some bits of info here :- camino-crime-watch/topic6214.html#p36995

Thanks Terry! Your explanation was very helpful and I'll dig out the cord that came with my camera.
I knew there must be a simple way to do it, but I was trying to use a card reader and it wasn't working.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Back