• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

URGENT NEED FOR ADVICE

lbpierce

Linda Breen Pierce
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Hello all,

I have been using Jacotrans to transport a small suitcase since I started my Camino in Roncesvalles. I am now in Burgos and contacted the Jacotrans agent for the Burgos to Leon leg to make arrangements for transport. In the last three days, I have sent him two emails, one text message, called him twice (each time he said he would respond to my email, but didn't). So, I think I will need to find an alternative service who can respond on less than 24 hours notice to pick up my bag tomorrow morning in Burgos. I see that a company, Camino Facil, offers these bag transport services. Has anyone used them or know if they are reliable? Does anyone know of any other services? I think TaxiBelorado may be the same people as Camino Facil, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: URGENT NEED FOR ADVICE - problem solved...maybe

I finally heard from the Jacotrans guy who confirmed he can do it, but I have to say I am not sure I feel very confident in him, so I would be interested in hearing any other experiences on transport services.

Thanks.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Generally, you don't need an email confirmation each day unless you are booking private lodging.

It is simple. :)
You just put a tag on your bag with the cash in it and the Albergue makes sure they pick it up. You write your destination on the envelope. He knows where he dropped your bag off so he knows where to pick it up. You can ask for extra envelopes if you like but the albergues generally have them.

You can imagine them having to answer 100s of emails each day. It would be crazy.

I've used both Caminofacil and Jacotrans and both have been great.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No, of course, Annie, I wouldn't expect them to answer an email each day, but you misunderstood me. What I have done with the first two segments with Jacotrans is sent them by email my entire schedule for the area that they cover, then I make one payment on the first day for all the deliveries they will be making instead of finding the correct change to leave 7 euros each day. This arrangement has worked out beautifully with the first two agents involved; one email from me, one confirming email from them, one payment, no fuss, no muss. In addition to the email they have from me, I also list the destinations on the envelope that is attached to the suitcase. To me, that is much simpler, but a simply reply from this guy would have been nice if he didn't want to do it that way.

P.S. I am using primarily private lodging.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back