A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Urgent public appeal!

We urgently request your assistance in helping us find M.F.E. (Marjon) Janssen (born 10 April 1963) from the Netherlands. Marjon has been missing since 28 September 2007. On that day, in a troubled state of mind, she left her home (and thus her two children) with southern Europe as possible destination. Marjon is travelling by foot.
Marjon is in urgent need of medication, which she has not taken with her. Anyone who knows something about Marjon or her whereabouts is urgently requested to contact the local police or rob.nabuurs@hotmail.com

We kindly request that you distribute this appeal in your immediate surroundings.

http://www.marjonjanssen.com

Thanking you in advance.

The family of Marjon.

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I really feel for a family when someone goes missing so I've posted this message on a couple of other websites as well.
However, this might sound a bit irreverant, but if you read the website, I think we, on this Forum, could all be suffering from the same mental problems as this woman!
Marjon has psychological problems for which she requires urgent assistance and medication. A symptom of her disorder is the need to make a pilgrimage by foot to the holy cities.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Donating Member
Sil

Isn't there a network of albergues on the Camino Frances linked by e mail - do you know the contacts for this kind of thing?

J

Trudy

Camino(s) past & future
(2006) Roncesvalles to Leon (2007) Leon to Compostela
I think we, on this Forum, could all be suffering from the same mental problems as this woman!
I also feel for this family, and know how nerve-wracking it is not being able to make contact with a family member for a lengthy period.

But I did have the same reaction, especially as the psychological problem is not outlined. My husband considers that my need to wander through Spain is just not "normal"!

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
Trudy wrote:My husband considers that my need to wander through Spain is just not "normal"!
And, your point IS? :lol:

Not to diminish the seriousness of this thread. The anguish felt by the family is understandable and, I'm sure our hearts/prayers are with them.

Arn

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The family don't seem to know which way she headed - four/five months ago. If it was to the Holy City of Santiago she could have been there and back by now. There are not that many pilgrims on the road in winter and although the different "AMIGOS" can contact each other many of the albergues are closed now.
She might be on her way to Rome (I've posted the appeal on the VF Yahoo Groups site as well.)

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.3%
  • June