• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Urgent solution required! Getting to Montserrat.

gregdedman

Hi all,
This is probably not the right forum for this but I'm a pilgrim in need! :)

I'm walking a stage of the Camino Catalan from Monday 15th and my plane doesn't land into Barcelona El Prato airport in time to get out to Montserrat by public transport. I will waste an entire day (of a very short trip) getting out of Barcelona and getting my passport etc. and I need to find a way to get to the monastery on the Monday evening.

Taxis are €90 and I cannot afford that.
I am clutching at straws but maybe someone on these forums knows someone who would be willing to drive me and I pay them? It's a long shot but a mans gotta try ;)

Kind regards
Greg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you're not on a time schedule, consider hanging out in Barcelona for a day?
It's a fantastic city with a lot to see.

Barcelona is also an expensive city!

The Generalitat website (http://www.fgc.cat/eng/cercador.asp) tells us that the R5 out of Placa d'Espanya has several evening trains to Monistrol de Montserrat, the small town at the base of the mountain. The 20.36 arrives at 21.41 and the 21.36 at 22.41. There is a hostal (Guilleumes) in the village or a taxi can take you up to the monastery (in 2007, it cost 18euro)-- but if you arriving late, you may find that you will need to let them know that you will be late.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great thats very useful! Thanks.
Would anyone happen to have the number for the monastery at Montserrat that I would need to call?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Would this help? (copied from website)

Pastoral Coordination Centre

The missions of the Pastoral coordination centre is to look after the needs of the people who go to Montserrat for religious motives. The pilgrims will find a team of monks, employees and volunteers waiting to help them in the PCC.

To contact the PCC, either an e-mail ccpastoral@santuari-montserrat.com (open the email program) or call to +34 93 877 77 66.

Here's the reply I received from the monastery:

We normally provide accommodation for pilgrims in their way to Santiago de Compostela. They spend the night in a building called “Nostra Senyora”. The price for them is free. In the case you are not pilgrims going to Santiago, you should pay 10 € per night.

The rooms are very simple. They only have 2 or 3 bunk beds and small wardrobes, and obviously toilets and showers. Bed linens and towels are not provided. You have to come with your own sleeping bags and towels.

To collect the keys, you should come to our office, the Pastoral Coordination Centre. Our timetable is as follows: from 9,30 a.m. to 13,00 p.m. in the morning and from 16,00 p.m. to 18,00 p.m. in the afternoon. We open every day of the week, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. If you wouldn’t be able to come within the office timetable, we could leave you the keys at the reception of the Hotel Abat Cisneros. They are opened the 24 hours, and the hostel for pilgrims is just 1 minute walking from the Hotel. You cannot get lost. Our telephone number is: 93 877 77 66

When you know the exact day you will como to Montserrat next year, please let us know in order to book one of the bedrooms for the members of your family.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back