• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID US citizens made it into Spain with CDC Cards!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Part of the article above

“ Liz said that once they arrived, they were super nervous. They were the first ones off the plane. At first, the border patrol agent didn’t know what to make of it when they got to the window and told him they were Americans there for tourism. They showed the agent their vaccine cards and their passports, and she said he looked “confused” and went to get a supervisor. Liz said they never said two words to the agent or his supervisor. Eventually, after much deliberation, their passports were stamped and they were waived through. They did have one more stop to show QR codes to workers dressed in PPE, but that was it. Welcome to Spain.”

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for this update! The stress of the uncertainty (even for Peregrin@s hanging loose) over the past 10 d cannot be underestimated as described in the article. This Sunday I was still getting conflicting information from Iberia at the counter and Iberia 800# and American Airlines, official Spanish government sites not updated…

I have a flight tomorrow June 9th AA Miami-JFK, IB JFK-Madrid, Madrid-Santiago.

5:30 AM today took over 1 h to get QR code because you must have a seat assignment. Once you start QR code application if certain information needs to be corrected, one must delete entire entry and start over. My hands were shaking.
All good now. After work today will pack and will update you guys of how it goes @ T4 and if I make my tight connection for Santiago 🤞. Won’t be the first time running through the terminal and probably not the last. 😂

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for this update! The stress of the uncertainty (even for Peregrin@s hanging loose) over the past 10 d cannot be underestimated as described in the article. This Sunday I was still getting conflicting information from Iberia at the counter and Iberia 800# and American Airlines, official Spanish government sites not updated…

5:30 AM today took over 1 h to get QR code because you must have a seat assignment. Once you start QR code application if certain information needs to be corrected, one must delete entire entry and start over. My hands were shaking.
All good now. After work today will pack and will update you guys of how it goes @ T4 and if I make my tight connection for Santiago 🤞. Won’t be the first time running through the terminal and probably not the last. 😂
Is that the seat assignment of the last flight into Spain or any seat assignment on flights leading to Spain?

It is the card we received here in the US from our Center for Disease Control (CDC) when we received our vaccines. It is our official record of vaccination.
Thanks for this. So many acronyms around the world.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

“ Liz said that once they arrived, they were super nervous. They were the first ones off the plane. At first, the border patrol agent didn’t know what to make of it when they got to the window and told him they were Americans there for tourism. They showed the agent their vaccine cards and their passports, and she said he looked “confused” and went to get a supervisor. Liz said they never said two words to the agent or his supervisor. Eventually, after much deliberation, their passports were stamped and they were waived through. They did have one more stop to show QR codes to workers dressed in PPE, but that was it. Welcome to Spain.”
Hello: That is great news. We are hoping to arrive in the next couple of weeks. Are the rules the same for people coming from Canada? Also, is Portugal still closed to non EU citizens still? Thank s

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Knowing where you sit on the plane is important for tracing.

I read this article also and am glad that CDC cards worked. I am, however, worried about the CDC cards that we received here in West Virginia. We have family in NY, Michigan, Maryland and FL. and all their cards are white. Ours are bright blue:View attachment 102083 I wonder if that will raise a few eyebrows. Maybe by October they won't be needed! :rolleyes:
Ours in PA are white also.

Ours in PA are white also.
I don't know why WV is using bright blue. I think I will call our local health department and try to find out. I just think if Spanish immigration is expecting white cards there may be a problem with ours. We don't plan to travel until at least late September so hopefully by then they won't be needed, but I think I had better be proactive. Maybe WV just wanted to use "Mountaineer" blue. 🙂

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

What is a QR code?

To the best of my knowledge, and I do not know much, nor do I have a phone than can read one at this point in time it is a digital code that your phone can read. Don’t know how to do/scan as my phone is Galaxy S4 from 2014 and it cannot do much but ring for a phone call if I am in range of a tower. 😁 I am hoping to upgrade this summer.
What is a QR code?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ok @ Marbe2 Et al. We arrived in Barajas T4s and took the customary route to immigration. Lines were very long and the immigration people did a great job of moving the hordes of people along. Coming from US all they wanted was ti see your digital QR form you showed it at immigration and then it was scanned after you arrive at T4. Very organized and quick. Done in 30-40 minutes. The flight from Miami took 24!!!hours😱Connecting cities bypassed 14 - 16 of those traveling to Spain with AA were put on standby by Iberia. Nightmare, missed all my connections including alternative train plans that were paid for. This was because of all the flight delays of about 5 hours. Spanish immigration could not have been smoother.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ok @ Marbe2 Et al. We arrived in Barajas T4s and took the customary route to immigration. Lines were very long and the immigration people did a great job of moving the hordes of people along. Coming from US all they wanted was ti see your digital QR form you showed it at immigration and then it was scanned after you arrive at T4. Very organized and quick. Done in 30-40 minutes. The flight from Miami took 24!!!hours😱Connecting cities bypassed 14 - 16 of those traveling to Spain with AA were put on standby by Iberia. Nightmare, missed all my connections including alternative train plans that were paid for. This was because of all the flight delays of about 5 hours. Spanish immigration could not have been smoother.
THANK YOU @El Cascayal. Veryhelpful! So they are relying on QR code!
Did you need to show your vaccination card before you boarded the plane in Miami or JFK?

So sorry for the plane delays? Overbooked,Or?

Have a great time!

THANK YOU @El Cascayal. Veryhelpful! So they are relying on QR code!
Did you need to show your vaccination card before you boarded the plane in Miami or JFK?

So sorry for the plane delays? Overbooked,Or?

Have a great time!
Yes you must have vaccination card (CDC) and QR as well. Delay was. “”Weather” all international travelers missed connections. First Camino to start walking after 12 noon. A new adventure. Gracias

It recently was you had to have a negative COVID test 72 hrs prior to arrive.
To re-enter the U.S. from Spain, you can also do a rapid antigen test right at the Madrid airport. These are cheaper than a PCR test and only take around 15-20 minutes for the results. Friends just did this a couple of days ago and then hopped on their American Airlines flight back to the States. You do have to make the appointment on their website however. https://travelcovidtestcenter.com/madrid-booking/
Here is the CDC site stating that antigen tests are acceptable: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
(It’s unclear whether the antibody test - as opposed to the antigen test - would also qualify).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back