• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

US phone number for Vueling Air Lines

Zeton walks

Time of past OR future Camino
Autumn 2020
Like so many others, I had to cancel my 2020 Camino and am rebooking with my fingers crossed hoping to do it in Sept/Oct 2021. Delta and Air France were super gracious in letting me use my vouchers with them to reschedule but not so with Vueling Air Lines for my flight from Santiago to Paris to go home. I've tried repeatedly to get in touch with Vueling via their email but am rebuffed with "apologies but you are out a luck." I even tried in my so-so Spanish and keep getting the same shut down. I read somewhere that phoning, being prepared to spend lots of time on the phone, was the way to go because you need to talk to a human. My phone provider will charge me an arm and a leg for that international call.

Can anyone provide me with a US phone number for Vueling Airlines?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm not seeing a USA number for them, either. One alternative could be to buy Skype credit and make the international phone call through Skype's phone service. It still might cost something but not as much as a regular landline phone call.

Good luck...!!

This may or may not offer comfort. While I can appreciate that you would like to recover the $’s invested in the flight, as I would in your circumstances, I will always consider the further investment in time and cost required to achieve recovery. My charge-out rate is iro £100 an hour. If I can’t recover at least my base rate in base time I’ll write off the loss. I’ll also remind myself to always use my credit card for future optioned deliverables. Reclaiming via charge-back takes about 10 minutes of my time versus hours listening to “your call is important”.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This may or may not offer comfort. While I can appreciate that you would like to recover the $’s invested in the flight, as I would in your circumstances, I will always consider the further investment in time and cost required to achieve recovery. My charge-out rate is iro £100 an hour. If I can’t recover at least my base rate in base time I’ll write off the loss. I’ll also remind myself to always use my credit card for future optioned deliverables. Reclaiming via charge-back takes about 10 minutes of my time versus hours listening to “your call is important”.
I’m cheaper than you, but the principle stands.

I dimly remember the lawnmower paradox. I’m highly paid, let’s say £50/hour (Those were the days). I’ll happily pay someone £20 to mow my lawn, because I think that’s fair - but I’d rather spend an hour mowing it myself than pay someone £40.

I’ve just checked my Vueling app to see if they show a ‘US’ contact there.
they have contact numbers for Spain and about 7 approx European countries.
plus a contact number in UK ; then a number for ‘the rest of the world ‘. I’d say that you (and I) would only have that option. The number has the +34 prefix - so you’re dialling in to Spain.
screen shot of that one and UK number below.
I also did a check on flight cost and availability to Paris from Santiago.. depending what date you’ve chosen -Cost isn’t a killer - it might just be better to let it go.
best of luck regardless.

Attachments

• F4B216C3-0E74-4975-99AB-BE6F7E0825C3.png
    F4B216C3-0E74-4975-99AB-BE6F7E0825C3.png
    370.4 KB · Views: 15
  • D5E04A92-A118-4777-9460-86635BABD37F.png
    D5E04A92-A118-4777-9460-86635BABD37F.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Google Voice is a free app giving you free calls and texts within the US and Canada with a real phone number but can be used to call internationally with VOIP as low as one cent a minute (Spanish landlines for a one cent example). The overhead for you to save money for this one task of yours may not be worth it but the service/app is so useful for other things you may want to go ahead with it anyway. For example you could use it to add a business number to your personal phone.

This webpage will give you details on Google Voice:

Google Fi can also be used to make the same low cost calls if you get into airplane mode and then turn on wifi. That has costs though. I like Fi a lot but there are things about it that won't suit everybody.

I see that Vueling has a FaceBook page with an option to send a message via Messenger. That may be an option, I have never tried using this function.

My favorite solution to the international calling problem is an app called WePhone. There is a cost but it’s trivial and easy to pay with an iPhone. The recipient of your call on their caller ID will see your home phone number if that’s the number you register with on the App. They’re able to pick up the form like normal and won’t know that you’re even using the app unless you tell them. We are in Mexico now and my wife just told me that a 51 minute call to her sister in the US cost four cents and we chose the expensive high-quality choice on the phone connection. This app was invaluable when we were trying to solve financial problems with wait times and transfers from China. Best of luck dealing with your airline problems.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back