• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

USC Camino Course - Módulo III: La Literatura del Camino

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Time of past OR future Camino
Some in the past; more in the future!
Hi all,

This is the thread to discuss the third module - La Literatura del Camino - of the online course titled El Camino de Santiago, Patrimonio de la Humanidad para un mundo global being offered by the University of Santiago de Compostela and MiríadaX.

If you're still going with the course, feel free to discuss the course content, any dudas (doubts) you have may have with language or anything else relevant to the third module in this thread.

If you have not yet signed up at MiríadaX and registered for the course, see this general thread - Free online course about the camino (in Spanish) - that includes details and tips about how to join. The course is open until May 3 so it's not too late to join!

Happy studying!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I must admit that I haven't written the two papers for the second module yet and have been procrastinating quite a bit with them! I've finished the rest of the module though, so hopefully I can get through the third module and write the two papers this week.

I enjoyed Module III about literature a lot. It contains material that is different from what I had expected to see. Much of it was new to me.

There’s even a bonus item: You can watch the movie “Tres en el Camino” (more than 2 hours) which I haven’t done yet.

The three modules of the course are independent of each other. You can dive in and out any way you want.

If you enjoy doing tests: be aware that the test for module III is a multiple choice test. Often you need to tick more than one answer! The test is like the other two tests: you have two attempts, you can note the right answers after the first attempt and sail through the second attempt with flying colours. You do the test for yourself, not for the points.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Another remark: I find navigating the webpages for this course sometimes a bit tricky. A good starting point is the page where you see the tabs labelled Initio, Syllabus, Notas, Foro and Blog.

If you enjoy doing tests: be aware that the test for module III is a multiple choice test. Often you need to tick more than one answer! The test is like the other two tests: you have two attempts, you can note the right answers after the first attempt and sail through the second attempt with flying colours. You do the test for yourself, not for the points.
Some students have managed to fail the test for módulo III twice. The lecturer is very helpful. She has now indicated that questions 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20 and 21 require more than on answer so one needs to tick more than 1 box and maybe all of them. All the answers can be found in the videos, she says.

Some students have managed to fail the test for módulo III twice. The lecturer is very helpful. She has now indicated that questions 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20 and 21 require more than on answer so one needs to tick more than 1 box and maybe all of them. All the answers can be found in the videos, she says.
I have finished Modulo III and passed the test. I am glad that I decided to do the course, although it was very poor timing for me. I am trying to dry out my apartment from a major flood at present. And I already had a copy of the Codex Calixtinus. But I found all the other information for the course to add to my own knowledge, and much of it to be interesting. It was worth doing, while I wait to walk another camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have just taken & passed module 3. Like most of you I am not interested in going further I am not really interested in the fourth module or the certificate but I have learnt a lot about the camino which I am sure will add to the experience When I get to walk

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.