• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Useful Items from the Dollarstore to take with ? On a budget

Salty

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning : Camino Frances - Oct 2022
I am planning our 1st Camino and are looking at costs and our budget. So far I am thinking to get the right gear per adult will be about $900 CAD. I plan on buying an Osprey Kestrel 38 backpack and the best, most comfy shoes and socks I can find. I do love the Dollarstore. What items can I pick up from there to help my budget please ? So far I have bought laundry mesh white bags to put clothes in ( as a clothes organiser and to wash clothes in, when sharing the washing machine with other ) and a small Tupperware type of plastic container to carry with me to put fruit and food in that might get squashed otherwise. I will have enough room in my backpack for a light weight small container.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for all the useful tips. I appreciate. I am also thinking of a sink plug / stopper, a buff / scarf / sarong , packing cubes, Vaseline ( to prevent blisters) and a hairband to tie up my hair. How about the cheap poncho's from the Dollarstore ? Will they hold up when you hold them down with some tie downs perhaps ? Dental floss for repairs to your pack, boots, clothing, and use it as a clothes line, and maybe keep your teeth sparkling as well. Also Dollarstore might have some cheap lightweight nylon shoulder bag to use as carry on and to the shower and to do grocery shopping with.

I love the Dollar Store! I have purchased many of the items listed above. I also love their super cheap twin sheet sets, only $5.50 US. I take the bottom fitted sheet sprayed with Permathrin and the pillowcase (not sprayed). These weigh very little and fold up small. They make me feel clean in any albergue bed and extra protection from the bedbugs. Also have purchased bandanas, $1, used as a face washcloth in the morning, then tie on my backpack to dry.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Spork, USB charger with two or three ports, maybe a small insulated cooler bag to keep food in. Ziploc-style plastic bags (always come in handy) and perhaps some wet wipes. Cheap flip-flops for the shower?
Might be better to buy a European charger in the Spanish equivalent the Tienda Chino? Cooler bag? How long do you intend to carry the food? :)

Thank you for all the useful tips. I appreciate. I am also thinking of a sink plug / stopper, a buff / scarf / sarong , packing cubes, Vaseline ( to prevent blisters) and a hairband to tie up my hair. How about the cheap poncho's from the Dollarstore ? Will they hold up when you hold them down with some tie downs perhaps ? Dental floss for repairs to your pack, boots, clothing, and use it as a clothes line, and maybe keep your teeth sparkling as well. Also Dollarstore might have some cheap lightweight nylon shoulder bag to use as carry on and to the shower and to do grocery shopping with.
Don't forget - you buy it, you have to carry it!

I walked ten Caminos with my 20 y/o Kilimanjaro backpack (maybe it was 50€), with old cotton socks which I throw away when they get holes, ordinary boxer undies, cotton T-shirts for 1€ (until I got tech ones in albergue donativo boxes), cotton hat for 2€, chinese sleeping bag from Hofer for 9,95€, shorts from chino store for 3€, walking poles for 8€ and still working after 15 years, I admit I bought a poncho for 20€, but my fleece jacket is 10 y/o and was a present, I bought all of my shoes/boots (always Salomon) on season sales for not much more than 35€ and I could go on.
Go ahead and spend a fortune for something that will maybe be just an episode in your life. Camino IS my life but I don't need much. Or to put it more correctly I rather spend the money on beer and food ;)

Anyway happy planning and Buen Camino @Salty !

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sounds like you are going to manage your budget just fine! It took me till my third camino to think of the net bags...buen camino
I love those net laundry bags and only $1.20 US. They make absolutely no noise, you can still see inside and since I line my pack with a trash compactor bag they do not need to be waterproof.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning our 1st Camino and are looking at costs and our budget. So far I am thinking to get the right gear per adult will be about $900 CAD. I plan on buying an Osprey Kestrel 38 backpack and the best, most comfy shoes and socks I can find. I do love the Dollarstore. What items can I pick up from there to help my budget please ? So far I have bought laundry mesh white bags to put clothes in ( as a clothes organiser and to wash clothes in, when sharing the washing machine with other ) and a small Tupperware type of plastic container to carry with me to put fruit and food in that might get squashed otherwise. I will have enough room in my backpack for a light weight small container.
Hi we picked up much the same kind of stuff. White laundry bags etc. small bottles to put olive oil. Basaltic, Salt container. By taking a few condiments you can save a fortune on lunch.( Buy you own roll with cheese and Tomato) Get a knife with gold out blade. Cut tomatoes. Just don’t go crazy in dollar store. Cheap ziplocks are cheap for a reason. You will be using each item everyday cheap crap fails. A cheap recharging cord can fray. Poncho no way pretty sure it will tear. It’s cheap for a reason. Ok for back up. For blisters but Compeed when you get to Europe. Better range.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€83,-
Forget the expensive back pack buy a Rolser 4 wheel trolley with thermos pack at the front for €60, it will carry 35kgs with nothing on your back. You can put two peoples needs inside and when it’s tough on the Camino both of you can pull it together. Makes light work of the Camino and you can even have space for a tent, thus solving the problem of overcrowded Alburges and it lets you live the experience in comfort.

I walked ten Caminos with my 20 y/o Kilimanjaro backpack (maybe it was 50€), with old cotton socks which I throw away when they get holes, ordinary boxer undies, cotton T-shirts for 1€ (until I got tech ones in albergue donativo boxes), cotton hat for 2€, chinese sleeping bag from Hofer for 9,95€, shorts from chino store for 3€, walking poles for 8€ and still working after 15 years, I admit I bought a poncho for 20€, but my fleece jacket is 10 y/o and was a present, I bought all of my shoes/boots (always Salomon) on season sales for not much more than 35€ and I could go on.
Go ahead and spend a fortune for something that will maybe be just an episode in your life. Camino IS my life but I don't need much. Or to put it more correctly I rather spend the money on beer and food ;)

Anyway happy planning and Buen Camino @Salty !
So Salomon boots are the biz!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So Salomon boots are the biz!
For me @Telboyo . You have to find it out for yourself ;)

But I do have some rock climbing and mountaineering experience and roughly I know what to expect from different brands. Pretty soon I came over Salomons (was on Scarpa and La Sportiva for climbing shoes, Merrell and some local brands for boots) so I guess I was lucky.

Forget the expensive back pack buy a Rolser 4 wheel trolley with thermos pack at the front for €60, it will carry 35kgs with nothing on your back. You can put two peoples needs inside and when it’s tough on the Camino both of you can pull it together. Makes light work of the Camino and you can even have space for a tent, thus solving the problem of overcrowded Alburges and it lets you live the experience in comfort.
I'm trying to figure out if you're being serious here :) I'm also trying to imagine hauling a shopping bag on wheels down the slope from the Sierra del Perdon or from Reigo into Molinaseca and just can't see it working.

I'm trying to figure out if you're being serious here :) I'm also trying to imagine hauling a shopping bag on wheels down the slope from the Sierra del Perdon or from Reigo into Molinaseca and just can't see it working.

So far I have completed el Norte and parts of VDLP over 1,000km, with my Rolser 4 wheel shopping trolley. My own needs amount to 12kg, which leaves so much room to help others. Especially those who have blisters and burnt shoulders. I carry on a good day three bottles of vino blanco, cheese and biscuits to share at lunch and also someone else’s back pack. The wine stays cold, the bag is water proof and the happiness I spread is palpable. When it’s tough with your backpack, it’s tough with the shopping trolley, the rest of the time I am streets ahead. Relaxed and laughing. I am from Tasmania.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I got a hand-me-down backpack, but65L size... super comfy but on the big side. So my dollar store purchases:

-two packing cubes(rectangular bags for packing clothes). Made for brilliant mornings and nights cuz nothing fell to the bottom of the back pack.
-toothbrush
-mini ziplocks for pills, bandaids, blister care stuff. I could use the first aid stuff from home, but not take more than I wanted.
-freezer ziplocks (2) as back up for squeeze tubes. In case they popped open.
-bar of soap
-synthetic fabric rags/face clothes. Two different colours. Handy for drying benches wiping down my sweaty forehead.
-a glorious and ridiculous “straw” hat with flowers. It made me smile and kept sun off my very pale skin.
- dental floss
-squeeze tubes. Which failed the leak test when I tried it at home. They got left at home.
-safety pins.
-cheap notebook and pen. Which died. But the notebook was fine.

I bought a camp towel from an outdoor store. The towel was fine but speedy. The little drawstring satchel it came in ended up being perfect as my bathroom bag. It held a little bottle of shampoo, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste. It made it a little easier so I didn’t have to carry the bag with the other “in case I need it”.

I would bring a hook and a better way of storing soap (I hate slimy soap).

Do test anything that you want to hold liquids. I have had bad (and good) experiences with water bottles and the aforementioned squeeze tubes. You don’t want to discover a poorly sealing container when you open your pack at the end of the day.

So far I have completed el Norte and parts of VDLP over 1,000km, with my Rolser 4 wheel shopping trolley. My own needs amount to 12kg, which leaves so much room to help others. Especially those who have blisters and burnt shoulders. I carry on a good day three bottles of vino blanco, cheese and biscuits to share at lunch and also someone else’s back pack. The wine stays cold, the bag is water proof and the happiness I spread is palpable. When it’s tough with your backpack, it’s tough with the shopping trolley, the rest of the time I am streets ahead. Relaxed and laughing. I am from Tasmania.
Amazing! Keep up the good work :)

Don’t skimp on rainwear. In a downpour for couple of days you need gear to hold up. Get Gortex. Pricey but will last. Get the Pak Towel in sports store or the chami from an auto store. Definitely a Swiss Army knife. Mine is always with me home or away next. Buen Camino.
Orford Girl.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for all the very useful tips. I am making lists of all the good suggestions and ideas. I cant wait to get to the Dollar stores, I visit several different ones and now have a new shopping list, so to speak. This is very exciting ! Planning for our Camino and seeing so much support and fantastic useful info on this message board.

I am planning on prepping food for us for breakfast and lunch most days, I read about the yummy breads and fresh fruit along the way. I am now thinking to pick up from the Dollar store a lightweight plastic dinner plate to prep food on and that made me think , maybe I should pick up one of those thin plastic see through cutting boards for prepping as well. I plan on cutting the cut board smaller, it does not weigh much and can be useful. If not I can always donate it at the alberque. We plan on only carrying small back pack each day with food, water, extra pair of shoes and socks and will be sending our bigger bags ahead. What is your advise on bringing a plastic plate and cutting board please ?

Buy a backpack that will

1) pass as carry-on and suits you well.
2) It will serve you 2 purposes: You do not have to wait in the baggage line, wasting time, and you will not pack thing you really don't need.
3) If you know nou will need it, bring ig on. If you tyhink you'll need it, leave it at home.

We plan on only carrying small back pack each day with food, water, extra pair of shoes and socks and will be sending our bigger bags ahead.
Is there a reason why you can't carry your backpacks? Since you are on a budget you can save a lot of money by not paying to have them sent every day.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I plan on buying an Osprey Kestrel 38 which is carry on size and I will be very careful with weight and things I will pack. I just dont know what is available in a alberque kitchen mostly, and with the Dollar store stuff so cheap, I am thinking to make the trip as comfortable as possible. Hence sending the big bag everyday ahead :)

Is there a reason why you can't carry your backpacks? Since you are on a budget you can save a lot of money by not paying to have them sent every day.

LOL I am so afraid that I will have a hard time with my feet and carrying my bag. My plan is at least for the 1st week to send the bag ahead. If by week 2, I am still alive and not whispering "Buen Camino" through my clenched teeth, I might carry the bag.

I am thinking to make the trip as comfortable as possible. Hence sending the big bag everyday ahead :)
Don't. Spain is cheap. Learn what you need, and buy it along the way. Spain is a VERY civilised country. Learn by experience, and take it easy the first 4-5 days.

I plan on buying an Osprey Kestrel 38 which is carry on size and I will be very careful with weight and things I will pack
Wise.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am planning on prepping food for us for breakfast and lunch most days, I read about the yummy breads and fresh fruit along the way. I am now thinking to pick up from the Dollar store a lightweight plastic dinner plate to prep food on and that made me think , maybe I should pick up one of those thin plastic see through cutting boards for prepping as well. I plan on cutting the cut board smaller, it does not weigh much and can be useful. If not I can always donate it at the alberque. We plan on only carrying small back pack each day with food, water, extra pair of shoes and socks and will be sending our bigger bags ahead. What is your advise on bringing a plastic plate and cutting board please ?
Why don't you bring a tupperware (of desired measurements/volume) and use the lid to cut fruits, chorizo, bread etc. All of this you can store while walking in that same tupperware. Also you can use it to heat up the food in microwave ovens.

I did it on all my Caminos and I still didn't managed to cut through the lid ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for all the very useful tips. I am making lists of all the good suggestions and ideas. I cant wait to get to the Dollar stores, I visit several different ones and now have a new shopping list, so to speak. This is very exciting ! Planning for our Camino and seeing so much support and fantastic useful info on this message board.

I took a thick plastic plate (not see through) and loved it. Worth its weight in gold imo and no cutting board needed. It was great for picnicing; cutting your bread, and cheese, (if buying better quality cheeses) to make bocadillas, etc. Ofcourse you need a knife. Lol.

€83,-
I got a hand-me-down backpack, but65L size... super comfy but on the big side. So my dollar store purchases:

-two packing cubes(rectangular bags for packing clothes). Made for brilliant mornings and nights cuz nothing fell to the bottom of the back pack.
-toothbrush
-mini ziplocks for pills, bandaids, blister care stuff. I could use the first aid stuff from home, but not take more than I wanted.
-freezer ziplocks (2) as back up for squeeze tubes. In case they popped open.
-bar of soap
-synthetic fabric rags/face clothes. Two different colours. Handy for drying benches wiping down my sweaty forehead.
-a glorious and ridiculous “straw” hat with flowers. It made me smile and kept sun off my very pale skin.
- dental floss
-squeeze tubes. Which failed the leak test when I tried it at home. They got left at home.
-safety pins.
-cheap notebook and pen. Which died. But the notebook was fine.

I bought a camp towel from an outdoor store. The towel was fine but speedy. The little drawstring satchel it came in ended up being perfect as my bathroom bag. It held a little bottle of shampoo, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste. It made it a little easier so I didn’t have to carry the bag with the other “in case I need it”.

I would bring a hook and a better way of storing soap (I hate slimy soap).

Do test anything that you want to hold liquids. I have had bad (and good) experiences with water bottles and the aforementioned squeeze tubes. You don’t want to discover a poorly sealing container when you open your pack at the end of the day.

Regarding the slimy soap, I brought 2 small net bags with gathered tops into which I put the bar of soap after showering. I then hung the bag somewhere on the bunk using a carabiner to let it dry overnight. The hardest part is not forgetting it the next morning. My solution to that was to attach one of those pink strings one of the backpack transport companies used for the envelopes (I'd have used red but I couldn't find a red one at the time I needed it). I didn't have to buy anything as I had all that at home. The 2nd bag was just in case I forgot the bag somewhere - even before I left, I realized that would be the biggest challenge - lol!
I also used the mini-ziplocks for lots of small lose-able items.

Laundry bag? Carried it until I realized that I never used it. The same thing happened with the Buff I purchased. Also, it had only one use. It is important to use one thing for many things, if at all possible. That is how pack weight can be drastically reduced and make every step that much easier. Just the essentials.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Laundry bag? Carried it until I realized that I never used it. The same thing happened with the Buff I purchased. Also, it had only one use. It is important to use one thing for many things, if at all possible. That is how pack weight can be drastically reduced and make every step that much easier. Just the essentials.

Buffs can be worn multiple ways. That's the point of them. Check youtube for demonstrations

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buffs can be worn multiple ways. That's the point of them. Check youtube for demonstrations
On my first Camino in mid April 2015 I contracted a cold and one of the most painful sore throats with phlegm I've ever had, after my 3rd night in an albergue. The weather was still quite chilly, so I used my BUFF around my neck, but pulled up over my nose so I didn't have to breathe in the cold air. It felt quite cozy and soothing, and used it that way for at least a week.

Exactly and nor will it work on the Norte.

a bum bag
power bank
repellent
anti septic
anti histamine
Ibuprofen (the camino drug :p )
Sandals
plastic bags and ziplock bags
Buen Camino;)

€83,-
Exactly and nor will it work on the Norte.

Glad to see you are so certain about the shopping trolley not working on el Norte. So my Camino from San Sebastien to Santiago with my trolley carrying two packs (my friend was 74 then) using el Norte was a dream and didn’t happen. Just checking, asking for a friend.

For me the Norte is a beautiful camino. However it involves many up hills, down hills, walks on the beach, narrow tracks in parts, road walking in parts. We are 73 and 78 so a lightweight backpack is far easier to manage than any form of pulling and/or pushing a trolley.

For me the Norte is a beautiful camino. However it involves many up hills, down hills, walks on the beach, narrow tracks in parts, road walking in parts. We are 73 and 78 so a lightweight backpack is far easier to manage than any form of pulling and/or pushing a trolley.

I am trying to figure out why you make a declaration that one size fits all and that ‘not will it work on the Norte’. I made it up and down those hills, along the beaches and narrow tracks. As I pointed out when it’s hard for the backpacker it’s hard with a trolley. Some folks like to walk 40kms a day some folks 5kms a day, is that a problem? Personally I wonder about why some people are so judgemental of change, differences and innovation. I enjoy my trolley, it’s cooling thermos pack, the quiet without the clack clack clack of unnecessary walking poles, it’s steadying Zimmer frame handles, the cup holder, it’s cheapens my travel by euros per day and the fact I can have a bruise free, blister free and I don’t have to judge anybody to make myself feel better.

€83,-
I am trying to figure out why you make a declaration that one size fits all and that ‘not will it work on the Norte’. I made it up and down those hills, along the beaches and narrow tracks. As I pointed out when it’s hard for the backpacker it’s hard with a trolley. Some folks like to walk 40kms a day some folks 5kms a day, is that a problem? Personally I wonder about why some people are so judgemental of change, differences and innovation. I enjoy my trolley, it’s cooling thermos pack, the quiet without the clack clack clack of unnecessary walking poles, it’s steadying Zimmer frame handles, the cup holder, it’s cheapens my travel by euros per day and the fact I can have a bruise free, blister free and I don’t have to judge anybody to make myself feel better.
I am glad it works for you :cool: it does sound great.
I must add, to be fair, that I met three ladies who walked with trolleys (on the CF this Summer) and .. by Larrasoaña they just couldn’t cope with them anymore. I learnt they had arranged to send them ahead after that.
You obviously made it work, not everyone does. I wish those three ladies had met you! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Mesh bags to keep my clothing organized and plastic clothespins. I like these better than safety pins as your stuff doesn't slide down the line. At 4gr. each, this is a reasonable weight.

Mesh bags to keep my clothing organized and plastic clothespins. I like these better than safety pins as your stuff doesn't slide down the line. At 4gr. each, this is a reasonable weight.
@Jodean
I prefer clothespins too. But use safety pins for all very light items, or the wind may carry away lighter items when the clothespins don't attach them as firmly. I lost some underwear.

- Shoe Foot insert liners - I bought all the types the Dollar Store has ( they even sell Dr Scolls ) to insert into my Crocks and I added some glue on the bottom. Works like a charm inside Crocks for a much softer comfortable step.

- Baby Face Cloths - They come in packets of 4 and are the size of a mans hand and thin. Will be very helpful early mornings to attach to my pack on the front to help with a runny nose and/ or sweat later in the day. Can we washed every night.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I prefer large safety pins to clothespins as the item stays put on the line in any wind, they take up no room in the pack, and never get taken by others who sometimes assume all clothespins are owned by the albergue. They do have two negatives; the clothes can slide on a sagging line, and they can sometimes put a snag in wicking fabrics if not carefully placed. Clothes pins often break or get taken by others.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I prefer large safety pins to clothespins as the item stays put on the line in any wind, they take up no room in the pack, and never get taken by others who sometimes assume all clothespins are owned by the albergue. They do have two negatives; the clothes can slide on a sagging line, and they can sometimes put a snag in wicking fabrics if not carefully placed. Clothes pins often break or get taken by others.
Agreed and a good idea I read in another post you can use the pins to pin your waist pack or money belt on your waist band in case someone cuts the straps. It’s secure it further and you would feel if someone pulls on it

I like pins too. The lines are usually some kind of threaded twine and if you push the pins through, they'll stay in place and won't slide.

Never thought of that. Good idea!
I ran into a lot of plastic coated clotheslines, which you can't stick a safety pin through. I prefer to use regular clothes pins (pegs) if there are some already on the line. I carry mini clothes pins from the craft store to use if there are no others available.

I ran into a lot of plastic coated clotheslines, which you can't stick a safety pin through. I prefer to use regular clothes pins (pegs) if there are some already on the line. I carry mini clothes pins from the craft store to use if there are no others available.
You also can't use safety pins on the drying racks that many albergues set up.

Agreed and a good idea I read in another post you can use the pins to pin your waist pack or money belt on your waist band in case someone cuts the straps. It’s secure it further and you would feel if someone pulls on it
I also use them to hang clean wet socks (or whatever) from my backpack to dry if they are still wet in the morning.

BE CAREFUL WITH VASOLINE! The brandname is tested for purity, but petroleum jelly made in foreign countries and sold in the dollar store may have toxic components in them. I would not buy any medications or personal hygiene items in a dollar store.

€149,-
Cutting board ? : I am bringing the round top of a used 2 Liter ice cream pail, to use as a cutting board. When you use it upside down, it has a small rim, so tomato juices cant seep out. Its light weight and costs nothing, worth a try. Any thoughts on my new plan ?

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.