• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Using an old credential?

Finisterre

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
Hi

We flew to Porto last year and got a credential from the cathedral.
Then took a train to Valenca and walked from there.
We had our credentials stamped at the pilgrims office in Santiago.

We fly to Porto at the end of May to fill in the gap.
Does anyone know if we need a new credential?

Thank you in advance for any relevant wisdom.
Cheers
Fin.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fin --- Does anyone know if we need a new credential?

JohnnieWalker said:
Nope but you may want to get a new one at Porto Cathedral if you wish.

Is that Nope we don't need one?
Or nope we do need one?

Sorry for being hard of reading. :)

We got our first stamp in Porto last time. I was wondering about taking the tram to the coast from the airport. Last time we had to wait about four hours for someone to man the desk in the cathedral so I don't really want to hang out getting sunburnt when I could be slipping and sliding up the beach.

This will be my second attempt to fill in the gap.
I got on the wrong train in Porto last time. :oops:

So I do really want to get it right.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Mr Walker.
That is what I thought you said.

We probably will not be able to find the old ones now.

fin

that is what i heard on the way, too. you can use the old one :) i heard it from pilgrims walking with me on the protuguese route, so you can use it :)
if you want a new one, from Porto , from 8 o'clock the catedral gives you one, with a sello in it for 50 cents

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
mmonomm said:
that is what i heard on the way, too. you can use the old one :) i heard it from pilgrims walking with me on the protuguese route, so you can use it :)
if you want a new one, from Porto , from 8 o'clock the catedral gives you one, with a sello in it for 50 cents

Thank you. I have found our old ones so we will be walking from the airport to Vilarinho or Rates tomorrow depending on my boots. :)

On the CF last year I reused the credential that I had used the year before when walking from Santiago to Fisterra. Thankfully the Irish credencial is a little booklet with plenty of spaces for sellos-but I'll need a new one for the next time!
N

nellpilgrim said:
On the CF last year I reused the credential that I had used the year before when walking from Santiago to Fisterra.

Thank you, it was as you said it would be, we had no trouble with the old ones.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back