• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vézelay Blog

john newman

Kiwi Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
Tena koutou and Hi
I’m at Limoges now, started at Vézelay on 8th April. I’m hoping to make it to Santiago de Compostela. I’ve been walking with a mate but he’s gone on ahead while I go slower with family.
I’m doing a blog, if anyone is interested. I’m focusing on a bit of the detail of the experience rather than just a list of villages or distances. About 6 pics per day. One post per day. Just go to the menu and take the Vézelay option.
johnstravels.co.nz
Bon Chemin and Ultreïa
John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi John,
Nice to hear from pilgrim on la Voie de Vèzelay!
Enjoy the loneliness up to St-Palais, afterwards, you will meet the crowds coming of le Puy...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: a lot of pictures on your blog are not correctly rotated...

Last edited:
Hi John,
Nice to hear from pilgrim on la Voie de Vèzelay!
Enjoy the loneliness up to St-Palais, afterwards, you will meet the crowds coming of le Puy...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: a lot of pictures on your blog are not correctly rotated...
I’m sorry about the rotated pics. They’re not rotated on mine so I can’t fix it other than by using a different installation procedure, which I’m doing now. Hope it works. Thanks for the feedback. John

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’ll look at it John! And a very ‘bon chemin’.
I nearly walked the way of Vezelay last year, never say never! 😉😀

Thanks for the blog John.
It reminds me so fond memories!
I see that you meet a lot a friendly hospitaleros on your way, people I already met 2 years ago: in la Petite Preugne, for example, there was 9 (!) different home made marmalades on the table...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

Tena koutou and Hi
I’m at Limoges now, started at Vézelay on 8th April. I’m hoping to make it to Santiago de Compostela. I’ve been walking with a mate but he’s gone on ahead while I go slower with family.
I’m doing a blog, if anyone is interested. I’m focusing on a bit of the detail of the experience rather than just a list of villages or distances. About 6 pics per day. One post per day. Just go to the menu and take the Vézelay option.
johnstravels.co.nz
Bon Chemin and Ultreïa
John
Tena koutou, John!
I'll have a look. Nice to see a fellow Kiwi out there.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for all the interest.
I’m having difficulty loading pictures at present but I hope that’s a temporary problem.

Tena koutou and Hi
I’m at Limoges now, started at Vézelay on 8th April. ...
I’m doing a blog, if anyone is interested. I’m focusing on a bit of the detail of the experience rather than just a list of villages or distances. ...
Bon Chemin and Ultreïa
John
@john newman
Very happy to have found your blog (referenced in another thread). I’ve solo-walked the Camino Frances (Sept 2017) and via Podiensis/Le Puy (Aug 2018) and looking for another long-distance Camino wall next year, with voie Vezelay one of the options.
Thank you!

@john newman
Very happy to have found your blog (referenced in another thread). I’ve solo-walked the Camino Frances (Sept 2017) and via Podiensis/Le Puy (Aug 2018) and looking for another long-distance Camino wall next year, with voie Vezelay one of the options.
Thank you!
Hi
I loved the Way from Vézelay. It was easy through France and then more difficult in Northern Spain and the Primitivo.
The Vézelay Way is pretty quiet compared with the Le Puy but there is a steady trickle of mostly long distance walkers. Not many are anglophones, although many of the Belgians and Germans spoke some English.
I’m sorry about the pictures in the blog being upside down in places, I’m trying to fix that. But they are right way up on an iPhone.
John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Haven’t read through enough to see the mis-rotated pics. Will look forward to reading in the evenings.

Likely you have your iPhone set to “auto-rotate”, so it will display properly (on *your* phone), but when you share your photos they are oriented in their native mode.

This may help (for iOS10 & above):

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back