A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Vézelay to Santiago 2019 Blog

0 Euro Camino Bank Note
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
Tēnā koutou katoa
Hi all
Welcome to my blog on johnstravels.co.nz
I have redone my pictures (posting them on the Chemin was sketchy and resulted in upside down or absent pics) and adjusted a very few words that were inaccurately spelt or wrong but the narrative is untouched from my live experience, which started in Vézelay on the 8th March and finished in Santiago de Compostela on the 26th July this year.
I hope you find the mixture of experiences, trivia and my inner journey interesting and perhaps useful.
As I wrote every evening, usually when tired, the narrative is necessarily top-of-mind, rather than exhaustive.
I have chronic renal failure and this pilgrimage and Camino was difficult from day one to the end. I am so pleased I did it.
The route was Vézelay (Southern Variant via Nevers) to Saint-Palais; to Irun; to Oviedo; to Santiago de Compostela. I had four days off.
Enjoy reading or just looking at the pictures.
Ngā mihi
Ultreya!
Www.johnstravels.co.nz

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
I look forward to reading it. Very interested in the Vezalay route!

Davey

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
I look forward to your comments and reading of your experiences, if you do it. It was great, I recommend it for a quiet start for the way to Santiago.
I see that you are a resident of England; knowing French will make it much more enjoyable, if you can.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Tēnā koutou katoa
Hi all
Welcome to my blog on johnstravels.co.nz
I have redone my pictures (posting them on the Chemin was sketchy and resulted in upside down or absent pics) and adjusted a very few words that were inaccurately spelt or wrong but the narrative is untouched from my live experience, which started in Vézelay on the 8th March and finished in Santiago de Compostela on the 26th July this year.
I hope you find the mixture of experiences, trivia and my inner journey interesting and perhaps useful.
As I wrote every evening, usually when tired, the narrative is necessarily top-of-mind, rather than exhaustive.
I have chronic renal failure and this pilgrimage and Camino was difficult from day one to the end. I am so pleased I did it.
The route was Vézelay (Southern Variant via Nevers) to Saint-Palais; to Irun; to Oviedo; to Santiago de Compostela. I had four days off.
Enjoy reading or just looking at the pictures.
Ngā mihi
Ultreya!
Www.johnstravels.co.nz
Hi John
Thanks for sharing. I’ll find some quiet time to read your blog. I applaud anyone that can do a blog. It must be so time consuming..
I so much enjoyed walking in France in 2016 (le Puy).. and I’ve been looking out for any feedback on different routes. There is not much written on the others though.

Thankyou
Annie

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%