Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

COVID Vaccine tracking page

Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
D

Deleted member 76633

As well as the Bloomberg one, there is a global one here with Israel at the top of the list. They are really going for it.

Glad to say the UAE where my son's family live is #2.

Simon B

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
For those who are interested in how vaccine distribution is going in Spain or any other country you can check this page on Bloomberg. Yes, it's geared to the US, but has statistics on all countries.

Vaccine tracking
Fascinating. Thank you for sharing. Think I might move to Israel!!

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

taigirl

Frances 2019
For those who are interested in how vaccine distribution is going in Spain or any other country you can check this page on Bloomberg. Yes, it's geared to the US, but has statistics on all countries.

Vaccine tracking
The latest concerns aired on the news in Australia is that the current vaccines may not cover this new strain coming out of South Africa and UK. Let's hope that it is wrong.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
The latest concerns aired on the news in Australia is that the current vaccines may not cover this new strain coming out of South Africa and UK. Let's hope that it is wrong.
I follow this epidemiologist"s blog. She talks about the vaccines and the new variants. Spoiler - the vaccine should cover them too.

Last edited:

Simon B

Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
But the good news is that it will apparently be easy to tweak the vaccines to cover new strains. Logistically very difficult but hope remains alive.......

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Cross-posting from the Portugal COVID thread:

The impact of the EU vaccine delivery delays on Portugal, per Reuters:

Portugal, where infections and deaths have spiked to record levels after Christmas, initially hoped to receive close to 3m vaccine doses in the first quarter, but this figure has fallen to just 1.5m due to delivery delays, the vaccination taskforce head, Francisco Ramos, said.

He had said in December the original plan envisaged 950,000 people – health professionals, key workers, people over 50 with pre-existing conditions and key political figures – being fully vaccinated in January and February.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nick - I've moved my Camino to 29 July (I have to travel before 17 Aug or I lose ticket and $$$). I am scheduled for my C19 shots in Mar/Apr. Here's hoping Portugal/Spain can ramp up vaccinations this Spring/Summer. PS; I enjoyed your podcast on Destination Eat Drink - well done.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Nick - I've moved my Camino to 29 July (I have to travel before 17 Aug or I lose ticket and $$$). I am scheduled for my C19 shots in Mar/Apr. Here's hoping Portugal/Spain can ramp up vaccinations this Spring/Summer. PS; I enjoyed your podcast on Destination Eat Drink - well done.
Thank you!

I certainly hope by July you would be able to walk a camino in line with our experience in September 2020 (pretty much unhindered but with some accommodation closed, social distancing in albergues, albergue kitchens closed etc).

David61

Frances 2019
Frances (2020)
Quite depressing for Spain. Only 0.4% fully vaccinated and the EU has failed to secure enough vaccines for even the most at risk groups. What does that work out to? About two years?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads