• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vadiniese in late August....

adrianflude

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2012 and 2013
SdC-Finisterre-Muxía-SdC 2013
Camino Norte and Inglés 2015
I've been reading with interest this thread and having lived in Burgos over the past couple of years am familiar with Northern Spain (now I'm living in Madrid). I am planning to walk this camino in August this year, 20th - 27th. I'm an experienced hill and mountain walker, so am not worried about the terrain, but was wondering whether I'll be walking alone or with others? Also, I was planning on taking a lightweight hammock for sleeping out a couple of nights, i.e. not in the private hotels, and a couple of nights in albergues. Any tips and even a walking companion would be gratefully received.

Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wish we could walk with you... We're starting on the Lebaniego and Vadiniense at the end of this week.

I've learned a lot about the route from reading Paul Sheehan's and Laurie's postings here, and of course from Rebekah's guide.

Buen camino.

Dan

Wish we could walk with you... We're starting on the Lebaniego and Vadiniense at the end of this week.

I've learned a lot about the route from reading Paul Sheehan's and Laurie's postings here, and of course from Rebekah's guide.

Buen camino.

Dan
Hi Dan,
How is it going on the Vladiniense? I am thinking of doing it in a week or two. Do you meet anyone along the way or is it 'empty'. Regards, Andrew

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've just finished the first stage of the Vad after following the Liebana from Serdio. The Liebana was lovely but I struggled yesterday up to Espinama, not sure whether to continue along the Vad or head into the Picos on the Ruta de la Reconquista as I have to head back to England next Friday. See my post on the Vad thread.

I'm taking a rest day in Espinama. Anyone coming this way tomorrow?

We just arrived in Potes after finishing the Lebaniego, will be starting the Vad tomorrow to Espinama or Fuente De.

I've just finished the first stage of the Vad after following the Liebana from Serdio. The Liebana was lovely but I struggled yesterday up to Espinama, not sure whether to continue along the Vad or head into the Picos on the Ruta de la Reconquista as I have to head back to England next Friday. See my post on the Vad thread.

I'm taking a rest day in Espinama. Anyone coming this way tomorrow?

From where you are in Espinama, you are "heading into the Picos" whichever route you choose.
If you are tired and/or lonesome now, the Reconquista route will kick you to the curb. It is pure mountain, not so very waymarked, and solitary at the best of times.
This time of year you are likely to meet at least a few hikers along the Vad, if not fellow pilgrims. I have not done the entire Reconquista, but only rather hardcore mountaineers tend to choose that route, and in groups.
Be careful up there!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stuck with the Vad! Espinama to Portilla de la Reina was fenomenal!

You are so fortunate, Ramblanista. We walked that stage yesterday in rough weather. Drizzle on and off all the way up from Fuente De, totally socked in with clouds until things started to break up at Puerto de Pandetrave. But today a beautiful stage down to Riano, with just enough clouds to keep the pavement from being too hot.
Dan

What a pity! That's gotta be one of the most spectacular days of camino walking ever! You shall have to come back and do it again!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a pity! That's gotta be one of the most spectacular days of camino walking ever! You shall have to come back and do it again!
And we shall...
We had some beautiful mountain weather in the days before while following the Lebaniego and walking from Potes, so no complaints.
BTW, we've been following your guidebook and it's great. Thanks!
Dan

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back