• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Valencia - Starting point for Levante and Requena/Lana

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
I am looking for some up-to-date information about Valencia. There is an older thread about about "Valencia: accommodation, guide, and credencial" here but some of the information is a bit old. (Not really old, but anything pre-Covid could be suspect.)

Valencia is best known among pilgrims as the starting point for the Camino Levante, so I'm posting here in the Levante forum, but I am actually thinking of walking the Camino Requena from Valencia to join the Ruta de La Lana. I'll post other questions in the Lana forum.

It seems that the Valencia Amigos association has open hours at C/ Jerónimo Muñoz, 32 Bajos. I'm hoping that forum member @JLWV will come along and see this thread, to let us know about any updates.

Capture.JPG

I am interested in any other tips that people have, for accommodation or what to do during a day in Valencia before starting on either the Levante or Requena/Lana.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you are not veg, the traditional Valencian paella is a must. I had it at a resto on the beach which was recommended by the hostal I stayed at.

If you are arriving in Valencia by air, you might consider staying in the Ibis hotel a few hundred meters away from the terminal. I have stayed there twice (2017 and 2018) and can recommend it. It is a budget hotel but clean and comfortable.

There are shops and bars nearby where you can eat / buy food.

The hotel is not far away from the Roses metro station on a direct line into the centre of Valencia.

Finally, the hotel is only a few hundred meters away from the Ruta de la Lana path out of Valencia. Starting out from the hotel means that you avoid walking 10 km or more through the city and its suburbs.

In 2017, finding accommodation on the Ruta de la Lana was often difficult. There are few "pilgrims" and few albergues.

There is however a fine albergue in Requena and the local representative of the Valencia Amigos will be very happy to show you around the town.

Finally, here are two newspapers articles on things to do in Valencia.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In Manises there is the Ruta de la cerámica. If you stay near the airport, Manises is just around the corner! Or you can discover it on your way out of town, walking through Manises, if you start from central Valencia (on the Lana).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.