• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Valencia to Cuenca?

Finally I make it to Valencia. I like it here. My plan is to stay for Christmas and NY to try and save enough money to get to Cuenca. Anyone know any existing footpaths? (from Valencia to Cuenca) Or, should I expect this stretch to be mostly Tarmac?

Really looking forward to Cuenca - Burgos despite the winter.

Looks like I'm going to arrive in Santiago for Holy Year this time. I iz teh goin to heaven!

e2a; Leon, or Burgos?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
there's supposed to be a link under development between Valencia and Monteagudo de las Salinas on the Ruta de la Lana, tho it's been supposedly under development for several years now. The Valencia Amigos should be able to tell you what the status is (and I'd be interested to hear what they say).

Thanks.

I'll try and find out where and when the amigos meet and report back with any new information.

Struggling to find work, get permission and make cash in Valencia. If I don't save enough I may have to take a bus to Cuenca and start walking from there. Not prepared to risk a cash crisis across the plains during winter!

Also struggling to find sponsors for this route. Seems to be tougher than ever financially. Bad time of year during a bad year I suppose. And, the weather forecast doesn't look to good for the next few days :(

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there! My (also pilgrim) daughter and I met you last year in Plaza Nueva, Granada. Granada has a pull on people who stay there. It kept me for 3 years! Maybe that's why you are feeling a bit pessimistic about Valencia. Granada is to me one of the most special cities and seconded only by Santiago where I feel completely at home.
Don't worry, with a talent like yours you'll find sponsors and win hearts.
Happy Xmas,
Tracy and Rebecca Saunders

http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Priscillian said:
Hi there! My (also pilgrim) daughter and I met you last year in Plaza Nueva, Granada. Granada has a pull on people who stay there. It kept me for 3 years! Maybe that's why you are feeling a bit pessimistic about Valencia. Granada is to me one of the most special cities and seconded only by Santiago where I feel completely at home.
Don't worry, with a talent like yours you'll find sponsors and win hearts.
Happy Xmas,
Tracy and Rebecca Saunders

http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

Hi,

I remember you guys. Happy New Year to you both.

Granada remains my favourite city in Spain (closely followed by Leon and Santiago).

I'm afraid this route was my first fail :( To many soaking wet, freezing cold days and very little opportunity to sketch/paint and make money. I've quit walking (for the time being, although Valencia to Santiago via Cuenca hasn't quite beaten me for good). I'm off to the Galician coast to beging my next project - painting 5 seascapes a week to sell via ebay and raise money for a new charity.

I'll post somewhere on these boards when I'm up and running. I'll be needing help. Specifically, someone willing to act as a treasurer. Probably take me a few weeks to get everything sorted.

Thanks again,

John.

Peter Robins said:
there's supposed to be a link under development between Valencia and Monteagudo de las Salinas on the Ruta de la Lana, tho it's been supposedly under development for several years now. The Valencia Amigos should be able to tell you what the status is (and I'd be interested to hear what they say).

Of course it's perfectly marked. If you are interested in some details please ask me, I'm in touch with pilgrims from Cuenca who usually maintain the arrows and the paths in this area.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear forum members,

I will be starting the Ruta de la Lana from Valencia on the 28th April 2023 and would like to obtain GPX file of the route.
I would appreciate your help to obtain it.
Kind regards and buen camino,
Raymond Aquilina

Dear forum members,

I will be starting the Ruta de la Lana from Valencia on the 28th April 2023 and would like to obtain GPX file of the route.
Raymond Aquilina
Hi, Raymond,

Here’s a version in wikiloc.

Lots of information on that wikiloc track, including possible stages, if you read Spanish.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dear forum members,

Raymond Aquilina

This is a wonderful Camino that I walked last year, in the midst of summer. Starting late April sounds perfect. My blog must be hidden in the Lana threads somewhere here, if you would like to read about it.

A good idea is to save your strength for the 16 kms between Buñol and Siete Aguas, the only stage that I found really hard - and I walked an even longer distance that day. So plan carefully around those 16 kms!

I would love to hear about your Camino and see some photos of the landscape in April-May!

/BP

the only stage that I found really hard
I am looking with more concern at the Mira-Cardenete stage - it is 33 km, with a possibly wet stream, and about 9 km of road at the end.

There is a very tempting option of walking from Camporrobles to Mira by noon and catching a bus to Cardenete.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You are right: Mira - Cardenete is a long stage that is also hilly. Difficult descent after Mira where you hardly know where to put your feet. Remote and beautiful, but it dragged. Last kms (10 or so) on asphalt.

I guess Mira is kind of interesting with the beautiful arrival by the river and the possibility to wander about in the steep streets in the center. But there were few places to buy food and the hostal had seen better days.

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for someone to share a taxi to Sarria from Santiago Airport on Sunday 28th April. Flight due to arrive at 4.15pm We are a party of 2 people

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back