• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vancouver/Lower Mainland Meeting - March 30th

cecelia

Wandering for the love and growth of it
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone,
After some of us being totally snowed out for the February meeting, we'll try this again.
Camino Meeting:
Sunday March 30th
1:30-3:30pm
Renfrew Public Library
2969 East 22nd Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. V5M 2Y3
Speakers, slides and primarily information sharing between past and present pilgrims/walkers. Everyone welcome. No admission. Lots of time to get your questions answered. For information contact cecelia@santiago.ca

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Great news! Couldn't make it to the last one but I'll be there!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone,
After some of us being totally snowed out for the February meeting, we'll try this again.
Camino Meeting:
Sunday March 30th
1:30-3:30pm
Renfrew Public Library
2969 East 22nd Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. V5M 2Y3
Speakers, slides and primarily information sharing between past and present pilgrims/walkers. Everyone welcome. No admission. Lots of time to get your questions answered. For information contact cecelia@santiago.ca
Hi Cecelia,
Will there be any meeting in Vancouver in the near future?
I would be interested to join your group on the next meeting.
I think it is great to form a local camino group to share the experience among camino lover; the veteran, and the new or want to be walkers. Possibly, organizing hiking trip on one of the many trails in the vicinity of Vancouver would be fun too.
Please let me know how I can join.
Thank you,
Helen

Hi Helen,
Yes - We are planning a camino meeting - in Burnaby this time - at the Cameron Recreation Centre on November 30 at 1:30. I haven't even sent out any notices yet. We're not a GROUP, we're just a group of people who have walked or want to walk one of the caminos to Santiago. Whoever wants to come does, and participates or not as they wish.
It's basically about anyone who has walked providing information for anyone who has questions. Of course we have a bit of structure to keep everything on track. The bottom line though is that we want to provide information for those who want it. You're more than welcome to just show up. I'll be posting a notice on this forum and on the Canadian Company of Pilgrims Facebook page within the next day or so.
Cecelia

Hi Cecelia,
I checked the webpage and haven't seen a post, so I was wondering if your meeting is still planned for November 30th? Is this an open meeting?
My friend and I (and quite possibly a third) would like the opportunity to attend (or any other meeting in the future before May 2015)
Thank you !
Cari

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here's the latest from Vancouver:
Vancouver/LowerMainland Camino MeetingSunday, Nov. 30th - 1:30 - 4:00Cameron Recreation Centre, 9523 Cameron St, Burnaby, BC V3J 1L6
Slides and talk about trip from Le Puy-en-Velay to Santiago de Compostela- John travelled on foot and Randy by bike- chat by Diane about her experience as a hospitalera- lots of time for your Questions

Hi Cecelia,
I checked the webpage and haven't seen a post, so I was wondering if your meeting is still planned for November 30th? Is this an open meeting?
My friend and I (and quite possibly a third) would like the opportunity to attend (or any other meeting in the future before May 2015)
Thank you !
Cari
Hi Cari,
YES:) The meeting is changed to Saturday November 29th. 1:30 - 4:00 at the Cameron Recreation Centre in Burnaby. Everyone is welcome and the meeting is free although there will be a donativo jar to help pay for the room rental. Our meetings are very informal. We will have slides from John who walked from Le Puy in France through SJPP to Santiago this past spring/summer. Also Randy biked the same route and will talk and answer questions about traveling by bike. And Donna, volunteered as a hospitalera this summer and then walked into Santiago. There are generally quite a few people at the meeting who have walked at least part of one of the caminos. Everyone is encouraged to participate in answering questions to provide more than one pov.

We're not really a group, we're just people interested in the camino who show up to meetings a couple of times a year to answer questions for people who want to ask them. You and your friends are very welcome. We will likely have another meeting in the early spring - late February or March. Come to both meetings.
Email me at cecelia@santiago.ca if you want to ask any questions ahead of time.
Cecelia

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.