• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Variante Espiritual map overlays? (KMZ and/or KML files)

NobleSpaniard

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués (June 2018)
Hello!

Thanks to the incredible resource that is these forums, I have discovered maps.me, and corresponding overlays [instructions and link to them at https://www.santiago.nl/smartphone-on-the-camino ].

The Coastal Route is included in the Portuguese route collection, which includes the Portuguese routes all the way into Spain, as well (in case you're wondering). But the Spiritual Variant is not included.

I have already sent an email offering to help them add this variant to their files when I travel it next month. But I thought I would also ask if anyone here knows of any .kmz and/or .kml files which include a map overlay of the Spiritual Variant.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for mailing me and offering your help NobleSpaniard. And thanks for the compliment.
Because the Spiritual is completely in Spain, this route is part of the Spanish tracks. These can also be downloaded, see this link.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you lettinggo!

Had to convert them (free at gpx2kml.com) for maps.me, but they were exactly what I was looking for.

Buen Camino

Thanks for mailing me and offering your help NobleSpaniard. And thanks for the compliment.
Because the Spiritual is completely in Spain, this route is part of the Spanish tracks. These can also be downloaded, see this link.

Ah, that makes sense! I was obviously still in the "Portuguese Way" mindset, and didn't think to check the Spain files.

Much appreciated!

Most people use apps on the mobile phone now.
Often these maps use map data from openstreetmap.org (OSM), which includes many caminos.
To check see: https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=13!42.4502!-8.6923
You can also download the GPX File for your route at this site as well (no registration required).

Major apps with use of OSM maps for Android are OSMAnd, Locus and Oruxmaps.
Free Garmin maps from e.g. http://garmin.opentopomap.org/ use the same map data.

If you find something different in real life or something missing feel free to make your corrections in OSM. (That´s the intention of OSM.)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back