• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vasco del Interior

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, Annie,
Thanks for all this very tempting information. I have looked at some of the pamphlets describing the walk, and see that there are lots of options. Have you decided which way you're going to go, and where you will joing up with the Camino Frances? Any guesstimate on the number of days?

Thanks, Laurie

Hi Laurie,
and thank you for your PM, too.(And yes, I would like to get your notes on the Invierno!). My plan is to start from Irun and joining up with the CF in Sto Domingo. Vasco is about 7 etapas (as many etapas as from SJPP or Roncesvalles to Sto Domingo). Reaching Santiago is important for me. So Vasco/Frances is my plan. My pace is about 23 km per days and I will have almost 6 weeks in Spain before returning back home. The Vasco during the Eastern week - so maybe maybe not all alone! Vasco is one of the less- walked routes.
regards,
annie

camino-vasco-del-interior/topic10990.html

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: Vasco del Interior// Accomodation

Accomodation on the Vasco:

Attachments

• Bild 27.png
    Bild 27.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,277
  • Bild 28.png
    Bild 28.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,282
Thanks, Annie. I will be walking in late May so will be able to benefit from your trailblazing. I had thought I was going to walk the Vadiniense but I'm tempted by this one, too, because I really like the Pais Vasco.

Is there a reason why you plan to take the alternative into Santo Domingo rather than the one into Burgos?

Buen camino, Laurie

peregrina2000 said:
Thanks, Annie. I will be walking in late May so will be able to benefit from your trailblazing. I had thought I was going to walk the Vadiniense but I'm tempted by this one, too, because I really like the Pais Vasco.

Is there a reason why you plan to take the alternative into Santo Domingo rather than the one into Burgos?

Buen camino, Laurie

Vadiniense is really tempting, too. By the way it is possible to walk from San Vincente (on the Norte) to Potes via Ruta Lebaniego and continue on the Camino Vadiniense from Potes to Mansilla de las Mulas on the Camino Frances!

Actually I only have walked twice - 2009 SJPP May to Burgos and 2011 April Burgos to Santiago. My original plan for my third camino was to start from Roncesvalles and walk on the CF all the way to Santiago (reaching Santiago is important for m). But after reading Fatma`s post I changed my mind and I am definitely trying to start from Irun instead of Roncesvalles.

Sto Domingo or Burgos? I haven´t really studied the etapas yet so decision will be made later - maybe when on the route.
Thank you for your very detailed notes on the Invierno!
buen camino
annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Anne/Laurie:

Ladies, thanks for all the notes on your Invierno experiences.

I wonder why the Invierno does not show up on the map of all the Camino's. Do either of you know why?

In regards to SDdC vs. Burgos, the original route I looked at had the Vasco ending in SDdC. That also allowed me to visit two places (Granon and Tosantos) where I have never stopped.That said, I am open to the Burgos route. I actually do not like to plan too much. I would rather just go with the flow.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi, Annie and Happy New Year to you and all my other Forum friends. As I sit inside nursing a killer cold, what better way to start 2012 than with camino dreaming.

Wow, those pictures are something else. I've been in some of the parts of the route, mainly near Vitoria, but it was years ago, and I was traveling in a car, so I didn't experience the beauty the way you will. But it was beautiful, even from a car!

I do have a facebook page, but am not very adept at using it. But I would try to improve, if the reward were that I could read your live posts on your journey from Irun to Burgos/Santo Domingo.

The book looks like it could be helpful even with a rudimentary grasp of French, but if I'm reading right it includes the whole stretch from Irun to Santiago. So you might be able to pull out a very manageable number of pages for the Vasco Interior.

All the best, and Buen Camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My fellow Pilgrims:

I have made my reservations and am planning on walking a Vasco/Frances/Invierno Camino starting April 1st from Irun.

Annie has supplied some wonderful pictures from this route and information regarding hostels and accommodations that should be helpful.

That said, I have some additional questions I hope to get answered regarding this Camino. I like to walk without a lot of planning. Therefore, I was wondering if all the towns along this Camino offer some type of accommodation for travelers. The list provided by the association is pretty sparse and the recommended daily distances are between 18-33km's. If one varied from the recommended path would accommodations be available?

What impact, if any, will Easter week have on getting accommodations?

My Spanish is limited to a few sentences (working on it). Will this be an impediment?

Ultreya,
Joe

"Variante por Burgos" : there are more albergues on the way!
Like this if necessary you can cut the way from Puebla de Arganzon to Burgos into 5 smaller parts

- Miranda
- Pancorbo (see Annie's list)

- Briviesca : in 2010 a small albergue (2 bunk beds, cold water) - ask tourism office or police station if needed

- Monasterio de Rodilla : albergue

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back