Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

VdlP - Albergue tracking during Covid

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.
Hello all,
This may be a figment of my imagination.

I have a vague, (age-related?) memory of reading here that someone was in the process of collecting information directly from albergues along the VdlP about their Covid re-opening plans/intentions. Having scoured the forum for that information I'm defeated in my quest to find it.

Does anyone remember reading the same thing, or if indeed it actually exists🤔, where I would find it?

Buen (real or imagined message-finding) Camino

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I'd be using Gronze. It is usually up to date. I just checked and it seems to be showing the albergues that are closed. Which does not mean that all the others are open but it does have telephone numbers for most, so you can at least check.

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'd be using Gronze. It is usually up to date. I just checked and it seems to be showing the albergues that are closed. Which does not mean that all the others are open but it does have telephone numbers for most, so you can at least check.
Thanks Kanga I appreciate the reply. I'll look later.
Buen Camino

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Hello all,
This may be a figment of my imagination.

I have a vague, (age-related?) memory of reading here that someone was in the process of collecting information directly from albergues along the VdlP about their Covid re-opening plans/intentions. Having scoured the forum for that information I'm defeated in my quest to find it.

Does anyone remember reading the same thing, or if indeed it actually exists🤔, where I would find it?

Buen (real or imagined message-finding) Camino

You didn’t imagine it John -
@geraldkelly posted an update - Gerald has the Via app and also a Facebook page.
He posted here in the forum most recently with updates to the Vdlp accommodation.
Maybe pm him to check

Link to Gerald’s forum post here:

I used his app and tracks on the Vdlp in 2019. A lot of info in it.

Buen camino
Annie

Ps.
I also use gronze. Happy to use that too.

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
You didn’t imagine it John -
@geraldkelly posted an update - Gerald has the Via app and also a Facebook page.
He posted here in the forum most recently with updates to the Vdlp accommodation.
Maybe pm him to check

Link to Gerald’s forum post here:

I used his app and tracks on the Vdlp in 2019. A lot of info in it.

Buen camino
Annie

Ps.
I also use gronze. Happy to use that too.
Thanks Annie,
Kind of you to be so helpful.
Buen Camino

Advertisement

Booking.com