• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP APRIL 2016...Seville...Who's starting out on the camino in April?

My flights are now confirmed. I fly into Seville on 19 Apr so start the VdlP on 20n Apr. Hope to see some of you on the way!

Mike
Hi Mike
I'm arriving in Seville April 15th and heading out April 18th all going well. We might connect on the way. Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Sherryn I walked in late April and finished in earl June. The weather was great with only a few days of rain. During the day the temps were around 30 degrees Celsius and about 18 degrees Celsius at night. Great weather for walking. My total pack weight (incl. food and water) was 13 kg. not too heavy. I drink a lot of water so I carried 1.5-2 liters daily which equates to about 2kg. Water is a rarity on the longer stretches and for food during the day I had some light snacks (fruit and nut trail mix), apples, etc. Someimes I made my own sandwiches the night before walking.

Many thanks Sharon! A week till I leave. Very excited and was reconsidering my backpack contents today so a perfect time to 'stumble' across your response! Obviously haven't worked out the technology to know when new posts / answers come in. Doh!

I'm arriving in Madrid April 19. I'll probably go to Sevilla on the 20th and start walking a day or two after that.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just booked a flight into Jerez and plan to start walking from Cadiz, I plan to do the usual search of the usual places for info, but has anyone any special info they would like to pass on?
ie, on day one do you have to follow the bay round or is it possible to walk over the bridge to Puerto Real.
This years camino is going to be Cadiz - Seville - Granja - Tabara - Santiago - Finisterre.
I will leave Seville on the morning of the 16 April, if anyone would like a walking amigo for a few days then let me know.
Regards.
George.
Hi George, I'm flying into Seville on April 15th so want to take a couple of days to get my feet on the ground before heading off, besides which, it's the festival that week which is meant to be a lot of fun! I'll be heading off probably on Mon, 18th so hope to see you along the way. Buen Camino

I'm arriving in Madrid April 19. I'll probably go to Sevilla on the 20th and start walking a day or two after that.
Hi... I'm leaving Seville on about the 18th, just ahead of you. Looking forward to connecting along the way. Buen Camino!

Sherryn - That is good news on the festival - and bad. As it turns out, now I don't get to Seville until the 14th. And I wanted to spend a full day there, like you to get acclimated. We should meet in Seville and make a plan. A Monday start sounds great, I will chat with my walking partner. Once I know where I am staying will let you know. Safe travels. Wiley
Hi Wiley, I'm booked into the following hostels.
Babel Hostel Sevilla, Jesús Del Gran Poder, 113, Old town, 41002 Seville, Spain on April 15/16 and moving to Triana Backpackers, Rodrigo de Triana, 69, Triana, 41010 Seville, Spain for April 17th.
Not sure how to send you this as a personal message, so sorry all for the unnecessary information!
Looking forward to connecting soon Wiley. If your proposed departure date from Seville has changed (April 18th), all good, please just let me know. Thanks and chat soon! (only 5 sleeps to go before I fly out... getting excited!!!)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’m still on track to arrive on 19th Apr and start the camino on 20 Apr. Im staying in the Zaida San Roque, 26, Old town, Seville arriving around 1800. Hope to see some of you on the way.

I'll look for you. We are starting on Saturday the 16th. Julio gets to Seville on the 13th and he is very anxious to go. We should look to get together the night of the 15th and chat. We will search you out.

We are staying at:
4/14/2016
Arrive Sevilla Hostel One Centro
Angostillo, 6, Casco Antiguo, Sevilla, 41003, Spain
+34954221615
I look forward to catching up with you on the 15th Wiley and again along the trail :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Faye,
I think I'll be just ahead of you. I arrive Seville on 9th, have two nights booked there and may set out on the 11th or spend a few more days in Seville...will decide when I'm there. Either way, look forward to seeing you on the Way. Buen camino!
Michele :)

The day has finally come and I'm heading to Seville today.
I am so nervous and like most, spent many days worrying about what to take, rucksack weight etc... I'll be glad just to get started!

I am still planning on leaving Seville on 14th April so if you (or anyone else) is around and wants to meet, here is my email address: fayepwilson@gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting you all on route.

Buen Camino to all!

Hi Faye,
How exciting for you! I plan to leave Seville tomorrow morning but I'm sure we'll meet on the way and look forward to it. Just off to buy a walking pole and compass at Corte Ingles...I'll be the one you come across walking in the wrong direction...which often seems to be the case! But it's all the camino isn't it? There are no 'wrong roads'. Buen camino and buena suerte
Michele

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm leaving for Spain tomorrow, and while I am excited, I am also feeling like... OMG what have I gotten myself into?? I'm not ready!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Got the first day completed to Guillena and all fine. It is worth checking the way out of the city if you have time. Otherwise just follow the cycle path that heads for Camas. Buon Camino
Hola! How many pilgrims there are? I read somewhere that all the albergue in Guillena (the municipale and the private one) are full! I'm going leave in a week and i'm a little scared of crowds...

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back