Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

VDLP Blog

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

jaws101

Thanks for posting your blog. Am slowly working my way through all the photos. How on earth did you manage to cycle so far each day and take so many photographs also? Any make running repairs.

Your distances are perhaps a little too long for us on some of the stages, but hope we can use your info and make up our own itinerary.

Davroos

There were 3 of us, all with cameras, so we would all be shooting. As for distance, it is simple, if you average 10 kp\h, ride for 10 hours, you have done 100 Ks. We rode at a nice steady pace, hence the distance

For mechanical problems, in 1000 Ks, we had 4 punctures and 3 problems with a rack. 2 out of 3 of the bikes were equipped with the best groupset from Shimano, they were both very light, whereas the other was a cheap bike and was lucky to survive. It has not moved since as it did suffer !!!

For distances, I have to work, I am not retired, so I configured all my distances through godesalco and put in a couple of days as spares in case of trouble, and I did have to use 1 of these

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads