• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VdlP credential

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
is the one you buy in Seville specific to the VdlP or is it a generic one?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mine had a picture of the route on the back and was different from the ones I get on the CF. Hang on. I'll see if I can find a picture.

I guess it didn't have a picture of the route on the back. I wonder why I thought that? Anyway, here is a photo of mine. It was different from the one I got for the CF.

Maybe the one I got last year had the picture of the route on it. I don't have a photo of that one. Or maybe I'm dreaming...

Attachments

• credencial.jpg
    credencial.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Camino 2009 Part 1 038.jpg
    Camino 2009 Part 1 038.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I got this Via de la Plata credencial at Triana
Buen camino

Attachments

• credencial 001.jpg
    credencial 001.jpg
    931.7 KB · Views: 43
  • credencial 002.jpg
    credencial 002.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 36
Thanks guys. Off to Triana we shall go! I like that all my credencials are different (and specific to each camino)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I must have hit a bad day. The young people running Triana were not well versed in Camino information on the night I was there. It was mid-August and I am sure that they had not had any other Pilgrims around for awhile.
The place was full of young people in 24 hour party mode. Probably normal for that time of the year.
I would really liked to have had one of the VDLP credentials if I had known about them.

I got mine in the Albergue municipal de Peregrinos in Castiblanco de los Arroyos. Looks the same at yours Deise. Great Albergue!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks guys. Off to Triana we shall go! I like that all my credencials are different (and specific to each camino)
just wondering , do you have a New Zealand credencial ?
In Ireland we can get one in Dublin and get first stamp in St James Gate ( Guinness brewery).
Years gone by this was the starting point for Irish pilgrims to Santiago

Not that I know of. I"ve made some of ours though.

€149,-
Got mine from Triana too and it's a specific Via de la Plata one, with the route at the back.
I loved that place btw but like Grayland found, we were the only pilgrims walking the VdlP. It was full of young people sunbathing and having fun on the roof terrace :) it was a lovely atmosphere though and a convenient spot in Sevilla.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I did the VdlP in 2012, and got my Credencial from the Amigos office, which was on Calle Castilla, just north of Triana Backpackers. The people there were extremely helpful with advice, a guide and information. I don't know if the office still exists.

I'm recovering from ankle surgery so I can't make any plans yet for 2016, but I would like at some point to go back and finish my interrupted VdlP, starting in Salamanca. Anyone have any info on getting a credential there?

Salamanca has an albergue municipal, near the cathedral, see http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-casa-la-calera I am sure you can get a credencial in either place. Getting to Salamanca might be a bit trickier, it is famous in Spain for being badly connected with the rest of the country. Buen Camino! SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks SY. I'll inquire there. I stopped my last Camino in Salamanca a couple of years ago and think I took a bus (& train?) back to Madrid. I put most of it out of mind except that I vowed if I ever made that journey again I'd stop at Avila (en route) and check out the town's magnificent medieval walls that wrap the city. Might be a good place to recover from jet lag!

Salamanca has an albergue municipal, near the cathedral, see http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-casa-la-calera I am sure you can get a credencial in either place. Getting to Salamanca might be a bit trickier, it is famous in Spain for being badly connected with the rest of the country. Buen Camino! SY

2.5 hours on the bus. There is a very regular and reliable bus service:

http://www.avanzabus.com/web/horarios/horarios-autobus-madridaeropuerto-salamanca.html

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back