Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

VDLP - Fall or Winter??

Malachiuri

CaminoTranquilo
Past OR future Camino
For those who have walked the VdlP in the off season, would anyone be able to shoot me a recommendation on when to go?

We are looking at either Oct/Nov of 2022 or Jan/Feb of 2023.

Both of us are experienced Camino folk and I have done a Jan/Feb CF so kinda used to the winter thing.

Any real difference between a fall and winter VdlP?

Thanks all, you are the best resources out there.

M

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

LTfit

Veteran Member
October/November would be my choice. I walked Salamanca-SdC in the month of October arriving in Santiago on November 3rd. We had very pleasant weather till Santiago. The locals kept giving us chestnuts to roast.

I've also walked Sevilla-Salamanca in February which was at times rainy but not cold. There were only 5 pilgrims leaving Sevilla. We were together for about 5 days but then separated. The rest of the way I walked with a Spaniard.

My daughter walked a week from Sevilla beginning January and she saw no one till Fuente de Cantos.

ngm

" hikelover "
Past OR future Camino
2010 - Camino Francés to Finisterre 840 km.
2012 - Via de la Plata/ Camino Sanabres some 1000 km
2014 - Camino de Levante/ Sureste .. and ending with the Camino de Invierno ( 1200 km )
2016 - Camino Mozárabe (- de la Plata -Sanabres /Invierno) from Granada to Santiago de Compostela ( 1180 km )
For those who have walked the VdlP in the off season, would anyone be able to shoot me a recommendation on when to go?

We are looking at either Oct/Nov of 2022 or Jan/Feb of 2023.

Both of us are experienced Camino folk and I have done a Jan/Feb CF so kinda used to the winter thing.

Any real difference between a fall and winter VdlP?

Thanks all, you are the best resources out there.

M
Made this Camino 2012 from Sevilla / 25/Augusti - 24/September.. It was too hot!!.. made it from Granada 2016.. 12/May..-26/jun.. Perfect wather..!! ..I know the path very well + C. Sanabres variant..I know the area and the weather well... and I recomended to you Oct/Nov 22.. (Jan/Feb much rain..!!) .. Buen camino..

DSC_0820.jpeg

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

FisterraWalker

Past OR future Camino
I'm starting from Seville 16th Oct, done a bit of research and most albergues should be open. Seems a good few pilgrims will be on the route too but not as numerous as the Frances route.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
I walked from Oct. 3 - Nov. 21, 2017. It felt too hot for me all the way to Salamanca (halfway).

Malachiuri

CaminoTranquilo
Past OR future Camino
Sounds like we will have to see how things on the farm work out for our schedule. Jan/Feb is a lot easier for us, but from what I am seeing it seems like Oct/Nov may be the time to go.

Thanks for the input all!

M

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances