• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP in Mar 09

saltyyduck

I am planning to make the Via de la Plata in late March (start 23March for about 12-14 days). Any good tips regarding temperature, climate? I'll also be interested if anyone is interested in doing it during the same period. Also which is better, rent or buy a bike in Sevilla or bring my (I'll be traveling from CA, USA) Hope to hear from Friends of the Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked the VdlP in April/May this year. The weather was warmish and I had some rain, sometimes heavy rendering the track rather muddy. This might not be typical.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked from Merida in mid-April of this year. It rained a lot, stormed through the national park, and then it turned hot. I heard from pilgrims who had started in Seville in early April that it rained a lot then as well. I'm not sure if this April weather is typical, but that was my experience. I was very glad I had good rain gear with me--some I met did not because they had not expected rain in Spain! 8)
Patricia

May be the best moment during the year, not so hot as in summer, but on spring.

The last weekend in march changes the hour in Spain, so days are much longer, better to enjoy the Camino.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back