• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP in mid-march, I´m spanish

pantera_rosa

Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP (2019)
Hello
My name is Miguel and I am from Spain.
I would like to walk VDLP, starting in mid-march (no fixed date, flexibility is possible)
I am interested in meeting someone, native english speaking, to share VDLP and to be able to practice my english language skills.
I have walked differents caminos from 2012 and as a native spanish citizen I offer the chance to take advantage of it to get a more profound experiencie while walking on Camino and to keep contact with spanish culture and traditions.

Please, if any doubts let me know
Buen camino!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello
I would like to walk VDLP, starting in mid-march (no fixed date, flexibility is possible)
I am interested in meeting someone, native english speaking, to share VDLP and to be able to practice my english language skills.
I have walked differents caminos from 2012 and as a native spanish citizen I offer the chance to take advantage of it to get a more profound experiencie while walking on Camino and to keep contact with spanish culture and traditions.

Hello Miguel
I start on March 2nd so will be a bit early for you but I'm expecting to be slow so you might pass me along the way perhaps. I don't speak Spanish which does worry me somewhat but am hoping that my backpack will establish clearly what I am doing in and if I pick up a little on the way and use google translate if needed I'll get by.
Megg

Hi Megg
Yes, probably it´s a bit early for me because I have some issues to resolve before my departure. Anyway, how many kilometers do you pretend to walk per day?
Don´t worry about your poor spanish, try to learn some useful senteces before start walking and it´ll be easy. If you need some help, just let me know...
Miguel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you Miguel, appreciated. I have a phrase book and some time to get a few sentences sorted and hopefully more will come as I move along the road.
Not sure how many kilometers each day but maybe 15 to 20 in the first days then building once I begin to get trail fit. I've spent a little too long driving a computer and not enough time moving my body recently but I've always been a walker from a very early age and my I have a muscle memory starts to kick in fairly quickly.

Hi Miguel
I would like to keep in touch as it gets closer to your departure date. I am not sure of my departure but ideally from 20 March onwards.
I walked the VDLP in mid April 2017 and loved it. I found it a perfect time to go.
I have done quite a few Caminos and the VDLP would possibly be my favourite.... but it is too hard to choose .
I took a month of Spanish lessons in Malaga last May and was considering 2 weeks of Spanish lessons in Seville before starting the VDLP this March. My Spanish is still very basic.
To walk with a Spanish speaker would be great . Perhaps I wouldn't need to take the 2 weeks in Seville prior.
It is good you have walked other Caminos as you will understand that there are a few things to consider when walking with another person.... pace.... how many kilometers per day etc.
It would be good to email each other to discuss further if you like.
Cheers
Gary

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello

Please, if any doubts let me know
Buen camino!!

Hola Miguel, soy Canadiense y hablo el español más o menos muy bien 🤣 pues viví en Méjico unos 10 años. Aquí tienes mi ”plan” para marzo (puede ser que Dios lo cambia 😉) pero sería un placer caminar con Usted y hablar solamente el inglés. Pienso empezar desde Seville el 5 de marzo. I like to,practice my written Spanish.

Attachments

• 20BA8C9F-8B4F-4762-BACA-08A9591A0FA3.png
    20BA8C9F-8B4F-4762-BACA-08A9591A0FA3.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 31

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back