• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VdlP is your «third child»

PilgrimPillar

Rota Vicentina, fisherman’s trail, is sweet...
Time of past OR future Camino
Please come with
suggestions….
Thx….!!
I did Via Augusta in february and now....Via del a Plata from Sevilla. Read my heartfelt suggestion for taking on this one great camino......

VdlP is your «third child»......

....in case you do not know yet...

Via del a Plata on your bucket list...?

Do not hesitate...it is totally worth it. Put it up there!

Nearing the half way mark I can conclude it’s been, by fare, the easiest and most pleasent one to date..

People forthcoming and considerate.....locals or otherwise....the more rural the better. No hiccups..... it’s all been there for me to dwell. I’ve felt so privileged many a time.

So why the “third child” you say....why not the first/second ?

There is of course different takes on that one, but to quote my Canadian caminofriend Michel.....this one “dictate you”.....

So what is that all about?

Firstly....you ought to manage truly selfcontained 40km walk without a meltdown....not each and every day that is, but it’s definately there sometimes....if not at ease on this one.....wait until it’s there...

Secondly, facilitation IS more scarce due to topography and beeing subjected to/walking rural areas in the South/West....not an issue, but you do carry more positive awarness of what’s ahead and what is NOT.

Third....and most importantly...solitude.....when felt
and/or experienced, it is your friend, not your enemy. Right?

Touch base on the three and you have «the camino of your life»!

In my case......I think this will bee my last solo camino in Spain.....but what a crescendo!

Ultreia!

0B0E8CA4-1A18-4EB1-A976-F98BA25253B5.jpeg
0B0E8CA4-1A18-4EB1-A976-F98BA25253B5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back