• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VdlP Oct/Nov

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Not me but I wish I was! It is a wonderful route, enjoy!

Buen Camino
Davey
Hi Davey, only doing 2 weeks. Hoping to get to Caceres and then spend a few days in Madrid for a few days before heading home. Wanted to do the North but picked the south for the weather. Glad I did. Crazy rain arounf Finesterra.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Starting on Nov 20th from Seville and walking for two weeks. Hopefully will get to Caceres before heading out to Madrid.

I would think that it will be a very solitary walking experience and only a few in the alburgues (majority being bike pilgrims). Check on Gronze for opening info and key collection details, make sure you have warm gear for mornings and evenings and that your wet weather gear is accessible as we have had a few misty drizzly days and lots more ahead as you get further north. Make sure you stay at the parochial alburgue on the main street in Monesterio. A great hospitalario who will look after you well. Enjoy and Buen Camino :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for letting me know. I am sure it will be very different from French and Portuguese, and even from primitivo. Do you think sleeping bag is necessary?
Buen camino

You will need a sleeping bag at Merida. So far that is the only place we needed it before Caceres where we are now resting. It hasn’t been cold to sleep until Merida but a bag liner is needed at the albergues that don’t provide sheets. Mind you, Galicia’s Xunta albergues provide nothing but paper sheets so you must take one. The routine is the same as other Caminos without the stress of a bed race and every hospitalier has been friendly and helpful. If you have any other questions along the way we’d be happy to help you :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You will need a sleeping bag at Merida. So far that is the only place we needed it before Caceres where we are now resting. It hasn’t been cold to sleep until Merida but a bag liner is needed at the albergues that don’t provide sheets. Mind you, Galicia’s Xunta albergues provide nothing but paper sheets so you must take one. The routine is the same as other Caminos without the stress of a bed race and every hospitalier has been friendly and helpful. If you have any other questions along the way we’d be happy to help you :)
Thank you for the information. So most of the albergues had blanket for cold nights?
Usually taken only liners before on other caminos..

Yes, so far and pretty clean too compared to other Camino routes!

I would think that it will be a very solitary walking experience and only a few in the alburgues (majority being bike pilgrims). Check on Gronze for opening info and key collection details, make sure you have warm gear for mornings and evenings and that your wet weather gear is accessible as we have had a few misty drizzly days and lots more ahead as you get further north. Make sure you stay at the parochial alburgue on the main street in Monesterio. A great hospitalario who will look after you well. Enjoy and Buen Camino :)
Thanks for the information and advice. Will definitely stay in the Parochial albergue. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back