• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP Path Condition from Seville?

Shieldz

Ron Shields
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Podiensis 2021, planned Camino Frances 2022
Hi, we are leaving Seville on 18 May. Saw previous post on the Camino route under water from all of the rain. Can anyone help with current condition?

Thanks, Ron

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will be passing the 3rd/ 4th of April and hope to be advised if there is flooding or not..
Wrote to the pilgrim office in Seville viaplata@viaplata.org two weeks ago but did not receive any reply.
possibly an old email address.
hope to drop a line from my Android if possible...

Leaving Seville 11th April. Would be grateful for any info on the first stage re flooding..

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi guys
Wife and I starting Sevilla on the 20th...
Hopefully all will be ok...
Whatever the conditions we go..
Cheers
John and Jenny
Instagram johnandjennycamino

I will be passing the 3rd/ 4th of April and hope to be advised if there is flooding or not..
Wrote to the pilgrim office in Seville viaplata@viaplata.org two weeks ago but did not receive any reply.
possibly an old email address.
hope to drop a line from my Android if possible...
Leaving on 12 April.
I looked at the site and the email address is the same as the one you used.
I see they have limited opening hours this time of the year. Tuesday mornings only but evenings Monday to Thursday from 7-9 pm.
Will let you know if I reveive a reply.
Buen Camino
Mark

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
just come from the pilgrim office i Sevilla "
Yes still flooded, they had more or less 3 weeks of rain, normally they get that in whole year.
The one I spoke to, indicated water level up to your armpit...à
So..

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think that the streams are quite "flashy" and the problems can arise quickly and then abate quickly, i.e. in a couple of days. So, you need to make the appropriate enquiries when you are out there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Everyone, I'm leaving Seville on Sunday 8/4/18 and am wondering about the state of the track? Is anyone who's a few days ahead on the VDLP able to advise what it's like. I'm a newbie walking my first Camino.
Thanks, Anne-Maree

Thanks Carel5. A great help. I have a prep day in Seville the day before I start on 11th so I will attempt to check out the amigos de la VdlP to see if they have any up to date info on the arroyo and share if I can on this thread. Not long now!
Hi Richard, i plan to start on the 12th or 13th. would love to hear any info you get aboit the river water levels and to cross paths aling the way. buen camino!

Hi Everyone, I'm leaving Seville on Sunday 8/4/18 and am wondering about the state of the track? Is anyone who's a few days ahead on the VDLP able to advise what it's like. I'm a newbie walking my first Camino.
Thanks, Anne-Maree
Anne-Marie, where you able to get the information you needed? i will be starting in a couple of days and am wonderingthe same. buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Richard, i plan to start on the 12th or 13th. would love to hear any info you get aboit the river water levels and to cross paths aling the way. buen camino!
Hi Ellen. Just been to the Amigos office on Calle Castillo 82. They tell me the arroyo may need to be waded but not too deep. I’ll let you know how I get on with stage one tomorrow. By the way, the Amigos tell me that the Roman Amphitheater in Santiponce is closed at the moment as they are doing some sort of filming there. Pity. Be in touch. Buen Camino

Hi Ellen. Just been to the Amigos office on Calle Castillo 82. They tell me the arroyo may need to be waded but not too deep. I’ll let you know how I get on with stage one tomorrow. By the way, the Amigos tell me that the Roman Amphitheater in Santiponce is closed at the moment as they are doing some sort of filming there. Pity. Be in touch. Buen Camino

oh no! that's a bit of a shame about santiponce. an arroyo update would be fantasic, are you keeping a blog of your camino?

oh no! that's a bit of a shame about santiponce. an arroyo update would be fantasic, are you keeping a blog of your camino?
Hi Ellen. Update ...... Italica was out en today so it should be the same tomorrow. Bad news..... the arroyo was impassable so we had to turn left just before and go via the road (it’s signposted) which added a few km and was hard on the feet. There is an alternative route that starts soon after you leave Santiponce. Again it adds some distance but may be more rural. Whichever you take be prepared for a longer walk than expect expected. Let em know how you get on

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Anne-Marie, where you able to get the information you needed? i will be starting in a couple of days and am wonderingthe same. buen camino

Hi Ellen, the track is passable. We arrived at Almaden de la Plata today. It rained heavily yesterday afternoon and we got drenched with water sloshing in our boots but if not for the rain yesterday we would not have got wet feet. There is one creek between Santiponce and Guillena but you can ford it on the RHS.
Buen Camino.

Have had good weather last 2 days..
Fingers xed

I do love the unalterable fact that a camino is always unpredictable! Not much point in planning too much.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi.
Walked from Seville today, the Rio Molinos no problem at the moment, you can pass to the right via pallets, no need to even get ones boots wet.
Went to Seville’s spring fair last night, it’s completely crazy!
Regards
George

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back