• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP/Sanabres Updates

intrepidtraveler

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
Hi Everyone -

So first the good news - there is now a tienda and a farmacia in Asturianos.

Word on the street was that we needed to stock up in Mombuey, as the next opportunity to buy anything besides bar food would be in Puebla de Sanabria - 30+kms down the road. When I was in Asturianos last week I noticed both the tienda and the farmacia. They are next door to each other along the main road and to the left as the Camino crosses the main road. The tienda is open the usual Spanish hours of 9:30-2:00 and 5-9.

The not so good news is that the municipal albergue in A Laxe is closed indefinitely for maintenance. Bad timing on my part as this went into effect today, July 3rd, the same day that I showed up on their doorstep.

A Laxe is 33kms from Cea which is the end of the last stage. As of now there are no other options in A Laxe. It is 9-10kms more to Silleda where there are a number of choices if you have a 40+km day in you.

Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So first the good news - there is now a tienda and a farmacia in Asturianos.

Word on the street was that we needed to stock up in Mombuey, as the next opportunity to buy anything besides bar food would be in Puebla de Sanabria - 30+kms down the road. When I was in Asturianos last week I noticed both the tienda and the farmacia. They are next door to each other along the main road and to the left as the Camino crosses the main road. The tienda is open the usual Spanish hours of 9:30-2:00 and 5-9.
Sorry but not true. They were both there in 2015 (with three bars/restaurants in the pueblo) when I stayed there overnight ;)

A Laxe is 33kms from Cea which is the end of the last stage. As of now there are no other options in A Laxe. It is 9-10kms more to Silleda where there are a number of choices if you have a 40+km day in you.
Cea is the last stage of WHAT?
If the Muni in A Laxe is closed just go to Lalin (Camino de Invierno) from Estacion de Lalin. Take a taxi or walk, plenty of options to sleep and nice walk to A Laxe next day (check Camino de Invierno subforum).

Ultreia!

I've never stayed in Lalin, but it seems important that folks know the albergue in A Laxe is closed. Until it opens, a good option would be to stay in Castro Dozon after Cea (only ~16 km direct or 22-ish if you go by the Oseira). Then the stage from Castro Dozon to Silleda is not too difficult.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry but not true. They were both there in 2015 (with three bars/restaurants in the pueblo) when I stayed there overnight ;)

Cea is the last stage of WHAT?
If the Muni in A Laxe is closed just go to Lalin (Camino de Invierno) from Estacion de Lalin. Take a taxi or walk, plenty of options to sleep and nice walk to A Laxe next day (check Camino de Invierno subforum).

Ultreia!

If both the tienda and the farmacia were there in 2015 there are a couple of recent edition guidebooks in French and English that need updating.
I've never stayed in Lalin, but it seems important that folks know the albergue in A Laxe is closed. Until it opens, a good option would be to stay in Castro Dozon after Cea (only ~16 km direct or 22-ish if you go by the Oseira). Then the stage from Castro Dozon to Silleda is not too difficult.

Lalin is headed in the wrong direction but at least you'd have a place to sleep. I don't know about others but I have a hard time adding more kms to an already long walk if I can find another option.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The not so good news is that the municipal albergue in A Laxe is closed indefinitely for maintenance. Bad timing on my part as this went into effect today, July 3rd.
As of now there are no other options in A Laxe. It is 9-10kms more to Silleda where there are a number of choices if you have a 40+km day in you.
We walked there in the mid of June and saw a big post in the municipal albergue in Xunqueira de Ambia, a day before Ourence, that the albergue in A Laxe is closed. We planned to stay there so then we had to rearrange our plans. We found a pension right on the Camino, in Estacion de Lalin, so we didn't even had to walk some kilometres to Lalin town as other people proposed. Contacts: Taberna de Vento, Estacion de Botos, 38, Botos, Lalin. Double room there was 30 euros including breakfast. Separate building from the tavern. I think we were the only one staying there that day. It's right on the way, so we picked it easily in the morning. Hope that will help others.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back