A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

VdLP Spring Walkers' Calendar

Camino(s) past & future
CF: '06: SJPP -> San. '10 - '11: Pamplona -> Finisterre '12: Ponferrada -> San. CN: '12: Irun -> San
Hi Everyone,
I've had to bump my travel plans back about a month. My tentative date of departure, from Sevilla, is April 15, 2019. Will this be too late? I know some of those southern parts of the Plata route can be brutally hot. I was hoping to leave around mid March, but I have some scans and blood work that need to be done late March/early April.
<3

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances
SJPP - Finisterre - Muxia, May 2016
C. Frances, Sept 2017
Camino Portugues, June 2019
Hi all! I finally finagled a way to get to Spain in June. So Via de la Plata is out and Camino Primitivo is in! I won't be keeping up this calendar for admittedly selfish reasons... I hope people will read through the posts to find others who are leaving at times near theirs. Buen Camino!

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra (Summer 2015); Levante-VDLP-Invierno (Feb/Mar 2019);
Our Camino has proved to be full of the unexpected so we won't be in Zamora until the 12th. Instead of the original plan of turning right, we will be turning left onto the Sanabres due to time restrictions.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Our Camino has proved to be full of the unexpected so we won't be in Zamora until the 12th. Instead of the original plan of turning right, we will be turning left onto the Sanabres due to time restrictions.
Go Donna. !!
I’ve been following your Levante mixta thread.
Very entertaining and helpful.
Good luck to both of you on Sanabrés

Annie

Camino(s) past & future
CF: '06: SJPP -> San. '10 - '11: Pamplona -> Finisterre '12: Ponferrada -> San. CN: '12: Irun -> San
I'm not walking it this spring but FYI will be a hospitalero in Zamora Municipal Alberge 16 - 31 March. I'll be the one speaking very bad Spanish with a Scottish accent.
I love Spanish (mine is a little rusty, admittedly) and I love Scottish accents (land of my ancestor)... So I think these two would make a great combination!

tm2019

Camino(s) past & future
Beginner, this is my first trip
I`ll be joining the Silver Way on April 29th from Ourense, would like some company as this is my first Camino and tbh, I`m feeling a little jittery and insecure since I`m going solo.

ameenarojee

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Sep - Oct 2016
Via de la Plata, Mar - May 2019
After about a month of planning, I'm finally booked for next week. Flying from London to Sevilla Wednesday 27th and starting the trek on the Saturday 30th. Would be lovely to meet up if anyone is starting around then also!

Ad van Brunschot

Camino(s) past & future
2001: biking Netherlands to SdC
2019: walking VldP, Sevilla-Salamanca
2020: Salamanca-SdC
Maybe we will meet. I arrive at the airport on Saturday March 30 and I will start walking on Monday. Maybe on the road itself?

Dolf

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017), Camino Portuges (2017)/Fatima , Camino del Norte (2018), Camino VdlP (2019)
Starting in Sevilla March 28 on the VdlP, continuing on the Sanabres to Santiago de Compostella. Excited :).

davej

Camino(s) past & future
Frances/SJPP/SdeC, Finisterre&Muxia'15;Portuguese Lisbon/SdeC'16;English Way'17; ViadePlata,Mar'19
I am also starting on the 28th March, arrive Sevilla late on the 26th and staying at Triana Backpackers for 2 nights.

Dolf

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017), Camino Portuges (2017)/Fatima , Camino del Norte (2018), Camino VdlP (2019)
Hi Dave. I arrive the 26th in Seville as well. Staying for two nights in For You hostel.

pantera_rosa

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP (2019)
Hi again.
Starting from Huelva on 4th april, Camino del Sur.
Arriving to Zafra on 10th april to connect with VDLP

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra (Summer 2015); Levante-VDLP-Invierno (Feb/Mar 2019);
Go Donna. !!
I’ve been following your Levante mixta thread.
Very entertaining and helpful.
Good luck to both of you on Sanabrés

Annie
And then we changed our mind again and are now on the Invierno.
Tomorrow we join up with the Sanabres from A Laxe. Tuesday should be Santiago and there fora couple of days. Anyone overlap with us?
We'll shout the first round :)

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Donna
You’re both going great.. I did follow your switch to the invierno too. Some good feedback for the forum on your posts.

Buen Camino
Annie

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi,
a little alteration to my plans: Instead of May 30 I will already start in Seville on May 29th. Another german pilgrim - Vera - will join me.

BC
Alexandra

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%