• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vdlp starting mid sept 2015.

liz70

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances in stages ,2011,2012,2013,2014. Vdlp April 2015 to Merida. Planning Merida to Salamanca sept 2015
Wondering what the weather will be like and the number of people walking this time of year? I'll be starting from Merida (to Salamanca hopefully) having walked from Seville to Merida in April this year. I loved this route. Not many on the road in April but enough to have met some great people. I would love to hear from anyone who has walked this route in sept.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Liz
I am walking from Seville on 3 September and I am so looking forward to it. Maybe I'll catch up with you sometime.
I have checked the weather predictions and apparently it gets cooler and wetter the further north you travel especially in Galicia.
I walked the Camino Frances end April through May into June and the weather was wet and windy and rainy on some parts of the route, in total contradiction to local weather reports for that time of the year! So I am prepared for anything!

Wondering what the weather will be like and the number of people walking this time of year? I'll be starting from Merida (to Salamanca hopefully) having walked from Seville to Merida in April this year. I loved this route. Not many on the road in April but enough to have met some great people. I would love to hear from anyone who has walked this route in sept.
I started from Seville mid-September 2013. It was extremely hot, and impossible to walk after midday - until it rained at Merida. Quite a few walking, but never crowded, and never a problem for beds.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's going to be HOT I imagine so you will need to carry extra water which means a LOT of extra weight.
Rebecca describes the heat perfectly by saying, 'It falls like a curtain" and that is exactly how it feels.
You'll need to start early and stop early.

Thanks all for your good advice. May see you along the way jennyb

Hi all
Back again. I'm arriving into Merida on 15 sept evening and planning to start walking 16th. Is anybody walking from Merida that day as well? I've just got Gerald Kelly's Jan issue book on the Vdlp and he writes about a 'stretch with poor waymarkings after the reservoir Embalse de proserpina' It would be good to have some company for that stretch
Thanks for any advice otherwise.
Buen camino
Liz

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back