• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Vdlp weather in October.

jerby

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Have 2 weeks holidays booked from 28th October. Flight booked to Seville. Just wondering what the weather might be like. Rainy, I am assuming but living in hope.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you start in Seville and plan to walk for 2 weeks, you may reach Cáceres.

I did the section Seville-Cáceres from September 18th 2008 onwards. It was still hot, only one day with some rain which made the grass become green again. The next year I continued from Cáceres on October 5th, also nice weather, but rather cold after entering Castilla y Leon, even frost in the morning. Two days with strong rain.

So be prepared for some rain, but also for cold and hot weather. The Website of AEMET (spanisch Weather-Service) allows you to check maximum and minimum temperatures as well as precipitation (rain) and average.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Have 2 weeks holidays booked from 28th October. Flight booked to Seville. Just wondering what the weather might be like. Rainy, I am assuming but living in hope.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.
Go for it Jerry. Always live in hope.
I’d be also hoping that by late October that area starting in Seville would have lost some of its heat and be pleasant walking.
I walked in from apr6 this yr-lovely walking temps then too. I’m missing it so much., but I get to return to complete from Tábara another time !

Buen camino
Annie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you start in Seville and plan to walk for 2 weeks, you may reach Cáceres.

I did the section Seville-Cáceres from September 18th 2008 onwards. It was still hot, only one day with some rain which made the grass become green again. The next year I continued from Cáceres on October 5th, also nice weather, but rather cold after entering Castilla y Leon, even frost in the morning. Two days with strong rain.

So be prepared for some rain, but also for cold and hot weather. The Website of AEMET (spanisch Weather-Service) allows you to check maximum and minimum temperatures as well as precipitation (rain) and average.
Via2010 thank you. Didn't think about the cool evenings.

Go for it Jerry. Always live in hope.
I’d be also hoping that by late October that area starting in Seville would have lost some of its heat and be pleasant walking.
I walked in from apr6 this yr-lovely walking temps then too. I’m missing it so much., but I get to return to complete from Tábara another time !

Buen camino
Annie
OzAnnie, thank you & Buen Camino for your trip.

I am walking the VDLP starting 19th October this year and have been looking at the weather. Thanks for the tips here.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.
Hi
Anyone starting Seville oct 9
Lar

Back