• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vdlp weather in October.

jerby

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Have 2 weeks holidays booked from 28th October. Flight booked to Seville. Just wondering what the weather might be like. Rainy, I am assuming but living in hope.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you start in Seville and plan to walk for 2 weeks, you may reach Cáceres.

I did the section Seville-Cáceres from September 18th 2008 onwards. It was still hot, only one day with some rain which made the grass become green again. The next year I continued from Cáceres on October 5th, also nice weather, but rather cold after entering Castilla y Leon, even frost in the morning. Two days with strong rain.

So be prepared for some rain, but also for cold and hot weather. The Website of AEMET (spanisch Weather-Service) allows you to check maximum and minimum temperatures as well as precipitation (rain) and average.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Have 2 weeks holidays booked from 28th October. Flight booked to Seville. Just wondering what the weather might be like. Rainy, I am assuming but living in hope.
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.
Go for it Jerry. Always live in hope.
I’d be also hoping that by late October that area starting in Seville would have lost some of its heat and be pleasant walking.
I walked in from apr6 this yr-lovely walking temps then too. I’m missing it so much., but I get to return to complete from Tábara another time !

Buen camino
Annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you start in Seville and plan to walk for 2 weeks, you may reach Cáceres.

I did the section Seville-Cáceres from September 18th 2008 onwards. It was still hot, only one day with some rain which made the grass become green again. The next year I continued from Cáceres on October 5th, also nice weather, but rather cold after entering Castilla y Leon, even frost in the morning. Two days with strong rain.

So be prepared for some rain, but also for cold and hot weather. The Website of AEMET (spanisch Weather-Service) allows you to check maximum and minimum temperatures as well as precipitation (rain) and average.
Via2010 thank you. Didn't think about the cool evenings.

Go for it Jerry. Always live in hope.
I’d be also hoping that by late October that area starting in Seville would have lost some of its heat and be pleasant walking.
I walked in from apr6 this yr-lovely walking temps then too. I’m missing it so much., but I get to return to complete from Tábara another time !

Buen camino
Annie
OzAnnie, thank you & Buen Camino for your trip.

I am walking the VDLP starting 19th October this year and have been looking at the weather. Thanks for the tips here.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Thanks in advance.
Jerry.
Hi
Anyone starting Seville oct 9
Lar

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After 16 days of walking (plus another three days to explore Salamanca and Zamora) I've finished my walk on the Vía de la Plata and am now continuing on the Camino Sanabres. If anyone's...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back