• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VdlP Wise Pilgrim App - What am I doing Wrong?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I'm a bit new to Camino apps, having previously always relied on a scanned guidebook on my phone.
But it's time to get into the 21st Century, if a little late........

I've downloaded a couple of Apps and like the Wise Pilgrim app as many others do.
That was a year or two ago.

But.......

Do I need to download an update from somewhere?
Or maybe I have it set up incorrectly?

The issue is accommodation.
And I can quite appreciate that some may be closed at this time of year, and others may have closed for good dur to Covid.

But I suspect it's the way I'm using the App.

For example, if I look at the accommodation listings in Castilblanco de los Arroyos, none of the websites work.
For all four accommodation listings, they come up with a DNS error message.

For the Hotel Castillo Blanco though, it's website does not work on any of four browsers I've tried.
Maybe it closed down?

Curious..........
Hmm. websites for Almaden open OK.
Tried a couple of other towns, and they seem to work though.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
@Robo I am the maker of the Wise Pilgrim app in question, and I have had a look at the links you mention.
In the case of the Castilblanco de los Arroyos albergue there was a typo (a missing . before blogspot). For the two Casa Rural listings the website no longer exists (a common problem I am afraid, it looks like I will have to do a bit of a cleanup) and lastly the Hotel page links to the correct website but it would appear that the website is nothing but a white screen.

This is the time of year when I publish the most updates, as the number of changes just prior to Semana Santa is notable. I will remove as many dead links as I can find for the next update, which is a few weeks away since I just published a new update today.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other doubts about the app, and thank you for your support!

@Robo I am the maker of the Wise Pilgrim app in question, and I have had a look at the links you mention.
In the case of the Castilblanco de los Arroyos albergue there was a typo (a missing . before blogspot). For the two Casa Rural listings the website no longer exists (a common problem I am afraid, it looks like I will have to do a bit of a cleanup) and lastly the Hotel page links to the correct website but it would appear that the website is nothing but a white screen.

This is the time of year when I publish the most updates, as the number of changes just prior to Semana Santa is notable. I will remove as many dead links as I can find for the next update, which is a few weeks away since I just published a new update today.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other doubts about the app, and thank you for your support!

Many thanks @wisepilgrim

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back