• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Vdlp

Waka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
For all those following me I have some tips for. I was lucky to meet Nalod from the forum in the Hotel Simon yesterday, he had just finished a short 5 day Camino and was kind enough to share information, as they say always listen to the experienced pilgrim.
Firstly he showed me the first part of getting on my way from Sevilla, this really was useful, although I soon got lost, I was really surprised because this should never happen to someone with no sense of direction. I’m not sure whether it was me or just a lack of Camino signs, you really need eyes in the back of your head. You really need four people walking together two to look left and right and the other two up and down. The signs didn’t get regular until after Santiponse.
Now I know your all waiting with baited breath to hear about the stream crossing, I’ve been tracking the rainfall for the last 2 weeks hoping that I’d be able to just walk Acton the wet dip in the track, but alas this wasn’t to be.
Now if you have some for thought when packing and remember to pack you bikini and buggie smugglers then you’d have no problem crossing, although you may have had to have your backpack above your head.
Having forgotten to pack my bikini and buggie smugglers, and having missed the alternative route as discribed in GK’s guide I needed an alternative. Well some kind person has placed a steel girder just to the right, it is about 9 inches wide. On recommendations from Nalod the beat way is to shuffle because it’s not really wide enough to walk across normally. Mind you if your an ex gymnast you’ll have no problem you could even throw in a few summersalts, I so wish I was young again.
Now the next thing I have to share with you relates to the municipal albergue, for all of you wishing to stay there you’ll be disappointed because it’s closed and I’m not sure when it will be open. Now the alternative is the albergue (private) La Luz, it’s run by Pilar who is exceptional. 12 euro including breakfast, lovely beds with full bedding and all tea and coffee facilities, I can’t praise it enough.
Well fellow pilgrims I hope this is a useful update of the first stage, it’s now time for me to have a cold beer. Oh I forget the weather has been really hot and dry, long may it continue.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For all those following me I have some tips for. I was lucky to meet Nalod from the forum in the Hotel Simon yesterday, he had just finished a short 5 day Camino and was kind enough to share information, as they say always listen to the experienced pilgrim.
Firstly he showed me the first part of getting on my way from Sevilla, this really was useful, although I soon got lost, I was really surprised because this should never happen to someone with no sense of direction. I’m not sure whether it was me or just a lack of Camino signs, you really need eyes in the back of your head. You really need four people walking together two to look left and right and the other two up and down. The signs didn’t get regular until after Santiponse.
Now I know your all waiting with baited breath to hear about the stream crossing, I’ve been tracking the rainfall for the last 2 weeks hoping that I’d be able to just walk Acton the wet dip in the track, but alas this wasn’t to be.
Now if you have some for thought when packing and remember to pack you bikini and buggie smugglers then you’d have no problem crossing, although you may have had to have your backpack above your head.
Having forgotten to pack my bikini and buggie smugglers, and having missed the alternative route as discribed in GK’s guide I needed an alternative. Well some kind person has placed a steel girder just to the right, it is about 9 inches wide. On recommendations from Nalod the beat way is to shuffle because it’s not really wide enough to walk across normally. Mind you if your an ex gymnast you’ll have no problem you could even throw in a few summersalts, I so wish I was young again.
Now the next thing I have to share with you relates to the municipal albergue, for all of you wishing to stay there you’ll be disappointed because it’s closed and I’m not sure when it will be open. Now the alternative is the albergue (private) La Luz, it’s run by Pilar who is exceptional. 12 euro including breakfast, lovely beds with full bedding and all tea and coffee facilities, I can’t praise it enough.
Well fellow pilgrims I hope this is a useful update of the first stage, it’s now time for me to have a cold beer. Oh I forget the weather has been really hot and dry, long may it continue.
How lucky can you get? Full bedding! A treat on any camino! Ultreia!

Thank you Waka...leaving g on March 2nd so very happy to hear your report ahead of me.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Looking forward to hearing about your hike. All the facts you can give us will be great. Planning on walking VDLP soon.

How hot can it be in February? What is the temperature?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Now I know your all waiting with baited breath to hear about the stream crossing...…………………………………………. Well some kind person has placed a steel girder just to the right, it is about 9 inches wide. On recommendations from Nalod the best way is to shuffle because it’s not really wide enough to walk across normally.

hmmmmm… sounds a bit scary-- 'walking the plank'... how deep was it., if you'd lost your balance and fallen in?

I wouldn't have expected the melt to have happened so early in the season..

Great info Waka....thankyou for reporting

Annie

How hot can it be in February? What is the temperature?
The temperature today was 18c and it’s going to be same all week.
hmmmmm… sounds a bit scary-- 'walking the plank'... how deep was it., if you'd lost your balance and fallen in?

I wouldn't have expected the melt to have happened so early in the season..

Great info Waka....thankyou for reporting

Annie
I'm not to sure how deep it was I can say that I couldn’t see the bottom. The girder is not too bad if you don’t look down. I would recommend that if you use poles to stow those so your hands are free, just in case you need them to hang onto a sky hook.

The temperature today was 18c and it’s going to be same all week.

I'm not to sure how deep it was I can say that I couldn’t see the bottom. The girder is not too bad if you don’t look down. I would recommend that if you use poles to stow those so your hands are free, just in case you need them to hang onto a sky hook.
Waka - most useful. I am starting 22 Mar so nice to know.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Today going from Guillena to Castilblanco de los Arroyos was slightly shorter. It was easy exiting Guillena, when you cross the river you’ll see the Camino sign on a post pointing straight ahead, that’s the way to go ignore the arrow pointing to the right.
Now if you’re planning on taking a baby buggie I’d advise againt it, that is unless your prepared to carry it. The path gets quite rocky in place and there are deep gullies where the rain has washed away the path. Apart from that it was a long walk in the sun. Now I can envisage that the path could be quite muddy in the rain.
I’ll give another update in a day or so.
There are now 7 walkers staying in the Casa Salverdore.

Waka - most useful. I am starting 22 Mar so nice to know.
18c sounds like nice walking weather for me. Thanks and look forward to more updates. Especially about albergue availability, distances you walk and albergues to enjoy and those to avoid.

Something I forgot to mention last night. My guide book says that there are no facilities like water and food on this stage, well about half way through the Olive grove you will see a sign for Aguascalientes, the pipe comes out the ground with a tap on it.
The municipal albergue in Castilblanco was not open so I stayed in the Casa Salvador, very nice. You get a room to yourself for 14 euros. Also plenty of places to eat.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Something I forgot to mention last night. My guide book says that there are no facilities like water and food on this stage, well about half way through the Olive grove you will see a sign for Aguascalientes, the pipe comes out the ground with a tap on it.
The municipal albergue in Castilblanco was not open so I stayed in the Casa Salvador, very nice. You get a room to yourself for 14 euros. Also plenty of places to eat.
That’s great value Waka for a room to yourself.
Re the sign for hot water .,(Aguascalientes) was it super duper hot, or just warm?

Great tips and info you’re passing on - very helpful

Buen Camino
Annie

That’s great value Waka for a room to yourself.
Re the sign for hot water .,(Aguascalientes) was it super duper hot, or just warm?

Great tips and info you’re passing on - very helpful

Buen Camino
Annie
Typical predictive text, it should have red just Aqua. I’ll try and pay more attention next time.

The stage from hell, who ever named it this really got it right.
I’m going to start with the hill at the end, in my opinion it was a real killer, you can see it in the distance and you think I hope that’s not it, but it is.
I was
Lucky because I had a young women ahead of me and 3 students behind me, so it gave me peace of mind in case anything went wrong. I did make it but I have to say I was shattered. Now if your below 70 then you’ll find it no problem.
The walk through the park was really beautiful and the km seemed to disappear quickly. From the beginning of the park it took us about 3.5 hours.
Now the road section went better than I thought, 16 km down the road went very quickly and cost 30 euros in the taxi. In my view this wasn’t cheating or against any pilgrim tradition, it was just plain common sense. After driving it I knew full well that at my age I could not have completed this stage on foot.
Today has also been hot with know wind, I know this will change as I move North but I’m loving it while it last.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m going to start with the hill at the end, in my opinion it was a real killer, you can see it in the distance and you think I hope that’s not it, but it is.
I was
Lucky because I had a young women ahead of me and 3 students behind me, so it gave me peace of mind in case anything went wrong. I did make it but I have to say I was shattered. Now if your below 70 then you’ll find it no problem.
The walk through the park was really beautiful and the km seemed to disappear quickly. From the beginning of the park it took us about 3.5 hours.
Now the road section went better than I thought, 16 km down the road went very quickly and cost 30 euros in the taxi. In my view this wasn’t cheating or against any pilgrim tradition, it was just plain common sense. After driving it I knew full well that at my age I could not have completed this stage on foot.
Today has also been hot with know wind, I know this will change as I move North but I’m loving it while it last.
Waka, delighted to read this and keep up with you. I hope you sat back and fully enjoyed the scenery as you drove past it all! well done.

I was

How about 69?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Typical predictive text, it should have red just Aqua. I’ll try and pay more attention next time.
Thanks @Waka for pm response. Re the earlier day-
Good to know that the ‘tap’ you mentioned finding in the Olive grove with the ‘hotwater’ Sign is a source of potable cold drinking water.

Buen Camino
Annie

I alwasy recommend starting walking in Guillena, really...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was
Where was the stage from hell. If you can identify places and Albergues etc it would be great. Thanks

Where was the stage from hell. If you can identify places and Albergues etc it would be great. Thanks
Sorry I was a bit vaque regarding locations. The stage from hell is between Castilblanco de los Arroyos and Almaden del la Plata. Yhe first section is 16 km up the side of the road, then through a lovely park until you come to the hill.
Regarding Albergues I have had no problem, there aren’t as many open this early in the year and there are not many people around.
I don’t really like to recommend Albergues because people’s tastes vary. I’m a pretty basic sort of guy when I’m on Camino and as long as I get a bed and hot shower I’m happy.

Now you all must remember that I’ve had exceptionally good weather so far, to the stream crossing have been easy. I rainy weather some of the stages I’ve done could be really bad.
Hope this helps.

Sorry I was a bit vaque regarding locations. The stage from hell is between Castilblanco de los Arroyos and Almaden del la Plata. Yhe first section is 16 km up the side of the road, then through a lovely park until you come to the hill.
Regarding Albergues I have had no problem, there aren’t as many open this early in the year and there are not many people around.
I don’t really like to recommend Albergues because people’s tastes vary. I’m a pretty basic sort of guy when I’m on Camino and as long as I get a bed and hot shower I’m happy.

Now you all must remember that I’ve had exceptionally good weather so far, to the stream crossing have been easy. I rainy weather some of the stages I’ve done could be really bad.
Hope this helps.
Hi Waka, your answer is a lot of help. I too am a pretty simple Perigrino. A clean albergue, with a decent bed and shower and hopefully cooking facilities makes me a happy person. So if you want to recommend them to me that would be great. As you can see I am following you very closely. I really want to walk the VDLP for many reasons. One is the solitude and facing possibly being alone for many days with very little contact. There are many reasons for this that (unless you are interested) I don't really need to bother you with. I have read about this section and I have heard similar comments like yours that the park is nice but the rest of the walk, well it ain't that great! So for me any specifics you want to comment on would be welcome by me. I think we are similar walkers at least in the area of distances and what we need to be content. Thanks so much and keep it coming and Buen Camino!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was
Wonder how the arroyos in the park are these days. They were a nightmare when I went through May 2011. Balancing on stones with frauding water around was not my favourite moment.

Wonder how the arroyos in the park are these days. They were a nightmare when I went through May 2011. Balancing on stones with frauding water around was not my favourite moment.
They have all been fine, there has been no rain for a couple of weeks. I’ll be leaving El Real de la Jara in an hour or so and I’m in for anothe sunny day.

Hi Waka, your answer is a lot of help. I too am a pretty simple Perigrino. A clean albergue, with a decent bed and shower and hopefully cooking facilities makes me a happy person. So if you want to recommend them to me that would be great. As you can see I am following you very closely. I really want to walk the VDLP for many reasons. One is the solitude and facing possibly being alone for many days with very little contact. There are many reasons for this that (unless you are interested) I don't really need to bother you with. I have read about this section and I have heard similar comments like yours that the park is nice but the rest of the walk, well it ain't that great! So for me any specifics you want to comment on would be welcome by me. I think we are similar walkers at least in the area of distances and what we need to be content. Thanks so much and keep it coming and Buen Camino!!!
The hill at the end of the day is hard, but for me it’s all part of the journey and I’m glad that bit is behind me. But without the hill you wouldn’t be able to experience the fantastic views.
Yesterday from Castilblanco to Real de la Jura was also a short stage 14 k and it had some ups and downs but I have to remember that this was only day 5 and the body is still getting used to the Camino.
Regarding the Albergues I’ve used, I’ll put a list together in a day or so.

€83,-
Update on the last two 20k days. The journey to Monesterio for the first 12k was really nice to the cafe by the main road. Had a really nice cheap lunch there, something you don’t want to miss.the last 5 k or so to the town is along a gravel path that just goes up and up and up, I thought it would never end. I just kept thinking, one step closer to the top.
The Prish Albergue was closed so I ended up staying in the Hostal Extremadura, single en-suite for 10€.

Today to Fuenta de Cantos was rather an easier walk and only took just over 4 hours.
Again on both days no rain so any wet crossings were dry.
Another update as I progress.

Yes looking at the gronze.com grade map I can see that it is the hill that never ends. Too bad that the Parrish Albergue was closed it got great reviews on Gronze. Have you been looking at Gronze for alternative albergue locations. The Wise Pilgrim app also has listings of Albergues but not as many reviews. It has real good map gps that you can either use with your phone data or you can download or the maps to your phone. It might come in handy if you do hit flooding or if you have long stretches and need to find alternate sleeping arrangements. Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Waka just found this post as I have been quite sick since I returned. My doctor even sent me to the Hospital on Friday for a series of tests turns out I have the full blown nasty Influenza virus. Now recovering well. It was was so good to meet you on that Sunday, pleasant company. I will follow your posts with interest.

Waka thinks climbing up "el calvario" before Almadén de la Plata is hell. He has not reached "el puerto de castanos" between Grimaldo and Galisteo yet. You will start praying that the camino does not go up the mountain and that what you deem to be a forrest track is only for fire protection. But it is not. The hill seems to be never ending but in the end it is not really that bad. At least nothing in comparism to the Camino Primitivo.

Waka thinks climbing up "el calvario" before Almadén de la Plata is hell. He has not reached "el puerto de castanos" between Grimaldo and Galisteo yet. You will start praying that the camino does not go up the mountain and that what you deem to be a forrest track is only for fire protection. But it is not. The hill seems to be never ending but in the end it is not really that bad. At least nothing in comparism to the Camino Primitivo.
I walked the Norte last year and I thought some of those hills were placed there directly from the bowels of hell. When I got to Santiago I met some friends who broke off from the Norte to walk the Primitivo and they said the hills there were worse. Did you walk the Norte too? If so can you compare? Hoping these hills do not measure up to the best (or worst depending on your adjective of course) on the Norte?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have not walked the Norte yet (but Irun-Oviedo could be an option if it is too hot in June for Seville-Salamanca). If you compare the profiles of the Norte to the Primitivo, then you see that the Norte offers lots of steep but short ascents whereas on the Primitivo there are some very long ascents (e. g. up to Grandas de Salime or up to A Fonsagrada). The worst days combined 2 to 3 of these. But still it was managable.

In my opinion the Portugese is the flattest camino, followed by the VdP.

I would agree that the Portuguese is pretty flat, I walked from Lisbon but stayed on the inland route. I would imagine the coastal doesn't even have too many bumps! I think the Norte is a better option in June. If you handled the Primitivo you will handle the Norte just fine. My friend walked the VDLP in September/October when I was on the Norte and he said the weather in the southern half was brutal. He had to be off the camino by 1pm every day. That is why I am looking for a late February/early March walk or an early November start when I do the VDLP.

Now in Torremejia after a 27 km boring hike. Very few places to park the bum for a break. Take plenty of food and water on this stage because there is nothing.
On leaving Zafra a few days ago I, and the others got lost, the pilgrim signs just vanished, it looked as if they had been removed from the sides of buildings, eventually I came across a very small faint arrow.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was on the VdP in Mid September as well as late October. September is far too hot, according to AEMET (spanish meterologic institute) in average even hotter than June. Oktober is colder, but the days become shorter soon. So it is difficult, to get your laundry dry or to reach your destination by daylight doing longer stages. I also encountered many albergues without heating. And some mornings we had temperatures below 0°C. That is definitely not the period of the year in which I prefer being on the camino.

I have no difficulty with temperatures around 30°C. So I will stick to my original plan (Seville to Salamanca) unless the weather forecast predicts a longer period of temperatures above 35°C. Then I would go to Leon (Salvador+Primitivo) or Irun (Norte) instead.

BC
Alexandra

Now in Torremejia after a 27 km boring hike. Very few places to park the bum for a break. Take plenty of food and water on this stage because there is nothing.
On leaving Zafra a few days ago I, and the others got lost, the pilgrim signs just vanished, it looked as if they had been removed from the sides of buildings, eventually I came across a very small faint arrow.
So helpful Waka...thanks!

I had heard from a friend that he encountered this problem with the arrrrows during his VDLP Camino. He also told me at times locals were less than helpful. (He has walked many caminos and he was shocked by that) .Zafra is a pretty big town, comparatively speaking. Did you leave so early that no one was around or did you not ask for help from the local townspeople?

I was on the VdP in Mid September as well as late October. September is far too hot, according to AEMET (spanish meterologic institute) in average even hotter than June. Oktober is colder, but the days become shorter soon. So it is difficult, to get your laundry dry or to reach your destination by daylight doing longer stages. I also encountered many albergues without heating. And some mornings we had temperatures below 0°C. That is definitely not the period of the year in which I prefer being on the camino.

I have no difficulty with temperatures around 30°C. So I will stick to my original plan (Seville to Salamanca) unless the weather forecast predicts a longer period of temperatures above 35°C. Then I would go to Leon (Salvador+Primitivo) or Irun (Norte) instead.

BC
Alexandra
Thanks so much for that information. My friend who walked from mid September of 2018 said that 35 and higher was a frequent occurrence. He left way before sunrise to insure he was off the Camino by 1 at the absolute latest. He thought it could be deadly after that.
I was on the Norte around the same time. I arrived in Santiago about November 1. Most of the Norte had pleasant weather and didn’t have much rain. I slept in a silk sack. I had no sleeping bag. As I got closer to Santiago after the trail turned south, there were a lot fewer pilgrims and it got colder. Never too cold in the morning, maybe 7 or 8. At night no heat and some Albergues were colder inside than out. Thankfully they had blankets. I was sleeping in my clothes. But having said that I will probably start in late October on the VDLP or the beginning of March, with a sleeping bag!!! I would rather walk in cold weather than hot weather. You can always put on something extra and warm up walking. There is only so much you can take off!!! It will still be brutally hot. But we all have different tolerances, hot and cold. My mom wore a sweater in summer. Buen Camino and thanks again.
P.S. you and my younger daughter share the same name and she goes to UBC. She loves it and it has helped turn her life around.

I had heard from a friend that he encountered this problem with the arrrrows during his VDLP Camino. He also told me at times locals were less than helpful. (He has walked many caminos and he was shocked by that) .Zafra is a pretty big town, comparatively speaking. Did you leave so early that no one was around or did you not ask for help from the local townspeople?
It wasn’t so early, I have found that the Camino doesn’t seem to be as well known and large towns so far have been badly marked.
I didn’t want too but I have reverted to using the WP App. No more getting lost, I think it’s a brilliant app.

I agree. You are walking enough. There is nothing more frustrating than getting lost and adding unnecessary kilometers! When in doubt use the app!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I agree. You are walking enough. There is nothing more frustrating than getting lost and adding unnecessary kilometers! When in doubt use the app!
What I haven’t been able to with the app is show distances from my current position. I’ve done all the app asks but still no joy. Any idea?

I don’t think you can calculate any distance. What are used to do to try to figure out this census was far from scientific. I would open the map and see my location and then try to see a spot on the map that I had passed to get an idea of how long it took to get to my present location. I would then check to see where I was going to and see if I can estimate how far that was based on my previous locatio what are used to do to try to figure out distances was far from scientific. I would open the map and see my location and then try to see a spot on the map that I had passed to get an idea of how long it took to get to my present location. I would then check to see where I was going to and see if I could estimate how far that was based on my In exact estimation of what I had just done. Hope that makes sense it didn’t work very well. But at least he gave me a decent idea.

What I haven’t been able to with the app is show distances from my current position. I’ve done all the app asks but still no joy. Any idea?
I use maps.me . It is free to download. I had the route for the VdlP downloaded onto it. There is a function to show the distance from one point to another and options for walking or driving or public transport. I have used the walking setting and it seems fairly accurate. You could try it, but I would personally stay on the Camino route if it is suggesting different routing. Good luck.

€83,-
Nothing really to report it’s what it says on the tin. I have to say even though the way marking is excellent coming out of Merida the road walking is a pain, there are one or two nice (small) sections through coynteyside, so if you haven’t done this before, just be aware.
Marida itself is a nice town and has everything the pilgrim can want, and as I’m told even more. The Albergue that’s the old mill is excellent, although could do with some TLC on the shower trays. Don’t complain if you stay there the setting is lively and it only cost 7€.
Today in Aljucen, only the domitivo open but really adequate. There is another Albergue right by the bar where you get the key for the domirivo, more than adequate. I think it’s also nice to support the associations.
Something I forgot to mention when I was in Zafra, in the Albergue Ban Gogh they have a plaque on the walk in dedication for Denise Thiem who was murdered on the CF in (I think) 2015 when I did my first Camino, please correct me if I’m wrong.
Another report in a day or so.
Oh still good dry weather so no swimming required and on day 11 ivenotyaed the sleeping bag.

Last three days went well although for two of them I was very sluggish, no problem with the route or the albergue. I have to say I’d not have been happy in rainy weather, even today there were lots of the walking blocks. Luckily for me there was no water around. It’s been dry now for two weeks, it can’t last. Last night in the monestary was fantastic although there wasn’t a communial meal on offer. Today in Valdesalor, you pick the key up from the Bar Salor in the village.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I’m afraid that I have to return to the Uk, therefore Camino vdlp stopped. Now on the way to Madrid for a flight tomorrow evening.
Thanks for all the support
Have a nice flight back. Sorry you can’t complete what you intent to walk. Enjoyed following your steps.

I’m afraid that I have to return to the Uk, therefore Camino vdlp stopped. Now on the way to Madrid for a flight tomorrow evening.
Sorry you have to cut short. Thanks for all your posts. Hope all will be well when you get to your home.

Hope all is ok with you, sorry to hear that you had to return to U.K. Regards Dermot

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back