• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vezelay route

Topman

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Vezelay route
Hi all. Vezelay route. I hope to start it next week. Any info of how busy it is at the moment would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Rick

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all. Vezelay route. I hope to start it next week. Any info of how busy it is at the moment would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Rick
I plan to start in mid-June and have the same question. Given the huge numbers walking the CF, it would seem logical that the pentup demand after COVID would bereflected from Vezelay as well. Also (since I’m 81), have any local operators started to carry backpacks forward?

Have walked this route years ago. Din't meet anybody doing the whole route. but just a few walkers doing one/two days bits. This said i would be very surprised if there would be an organized service for bag transports . It is a very beautiful route.
Check here if you can find some clue

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
See this earlier post re luggage transfer on Vezelay route.

When you do get to France in the tourist offices ask about the Chaine d'Hospitalité Locale. Those who offer pilgrims local hospitality do so for the pleasure of meeting/greeting pilgrims as well as helping them find their way.

Good luck and Bon chemin.

Last edited:
We're planning on the via Lemovicensis starting at Lemoges in September

Posted this a couple of weeks ago:

as per https://www.voiedevezelay.eu/en/tracks-guides:

(April 7, 2022)

Please note: due to the reception of Ukrainian refugees, some municipal hostels are closed to pilgrims.

We will update this post regularly. Also keep an eye out for the monthly updates.

Hope this helps.

Mark

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back