• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vezelay Spring 2019

Lucy Longpath

Lucy Longpath
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015), Puy Way (2016), North Wales Pilgrims Way (2017), Camino Vezelay(2018) &(2019)
We are continuing our walk on the Camino Vezelay starting from La Souterraine on Sat 13th April. Just wondering if anyone else is out there now or will be soon?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Remember April 14 is the start of Holy Week - get your lodgings booked in advance. Bon chemin!

I won't be walking but I live near St Astier... if you need any help or assistance give me a shout :D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Remember April 14 is the start of Holy Week - get your lodgings booked in advance. Bon chemin!
Yes that is a bit of a worry. We are booked up as far as Limoges apart from the Tuesday night in St Leonard de Noblat when we hope to stay in a municipal which doesn't seem to accept bookings. We were thinking of seeing how we feel when we reach Limoges on Thursday night when we are staying at Francoise d'Assise. We are not keen on booking too far ahead in the early stages of a camino in case of any problems, although we do realise this may not be wise. If all is going well we will probably start making phone calls during the mid week to try to move on from Limoges. It is unfortunate that the Spring is full of bank holidays in France not to mention closed shops on most Sundays and Mondays in any case.

I won't be walking but I live near St Astier... if you need any help or assistance give me a shout :D
Thank you Les, that is very kind of you!!

Is there a sport shop in a central area in Vezelay from where I can buy trekking poles before I start off? I plan on taking just cabin baggage and not checked in bag while flying out, so, I cannot take my trekking poles in my cabin baggage,.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Is there a sport shop in a central area in Vezelay from where I can buy trekking poles before I start off? I plan on taking just cabin baggage and not checked in bag while flying out, so, I cannot take my trekking poles in my cabin baggage,.
Try in nearby Avallon

Good luck and Bon chemin!

Hi Marie

I see that mspath has replied to your question and I am pleased about that. She has walked many caminos and I would not have known where to find the nearest shop of that type. I was just going to say that I did not notice any shops like that in Vezelay. Vezelay is quite a small town really with just a few small shops and restaurants/cafes. There was a nice bakery there I have to say. I don't recall any other types of shops, although I was hoping I didn't miss something and give you the wrong answer!

Hi Marie

I see that mspath has replied to your question and I am pleased about that. She has walked many caminos and I would not have known where to find the nearest shop of that type. I was just going to say that I did not notice any shops like that in Vezelay. Vezelay is quite a small town really with just a few small shops and restaurants/cafes. There was a nice bakery there I have to say. I don't recall any other types of shops, although I was hoping I didn't miss something and give you the wrong answer!
Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
[Thanks.
PQUOTE="mspath, post: 728953, member: 7963"]
Try in nearby Avallon

Good luck and Bon chemin!
[/QUOTE]

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back