• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Adriatica, Croatia

Botaivica

Time of past OR future Camino
May - July 2016
SJPP - Santiago - Finisterra
May 2017
Caminho do Tejo
June 2017
Fatima - Santiago
The elongated shape of the Croatian coast along with the shoreline highlands makes a natural precondition for a coastal mountaineering trail. From Istria to Dubrovnik in a total length of 1100 km, Via Adriatica is a unique walking trail that combines the natural and cultural specificities of Adriatic part of Croatia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wow, that's an impressive looking thru hike opportunity. I've heard many good things about travelling in Croatia and have met Croatians on the caminos in Spain. Plus, they still have their own currency so I wouldn't have to convert my $ into expensive euros. It's on my post pandemic list for sure.

I was in Croatia two years ago and found the country is very traveler friendly. I think the government issues licenses for private homes to host travelers much like BandB operation. There are big islands southern part of the country connected by ferry services. They say the islands are lower-cost and less crowded alternative to Greek islands. I would love to hike here.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The elongated shape of the Croatian coast along with the shoreline highlands makes a natural precondition for a coastal mountaineering trail. From Istria to Dubrovnik in a total length of 1100 km, Via Adriatica is a unique walking trail that combines the natural and cultural specificities of Adriatic part of Croatia

Do you know of a good guide book?

I went to Croatia in 2016 as part of a Mediterranian cruise...Dubrovnik was outstanding! I've seen videos of the interior of the country. I'd love the opportunity to go back and see more!...(one day.😟)

This route looks amazing! Has anyone done it or sections of it? It looks like some camping would be involved. I was wondering how much of it can be done without having to camp.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
today's article in a local newspaper

little translation with a google friend :cool:

Lots of wonderful encounters and new acquaintances, as many as 1,100 kilometers, 41,000 meters of altitude difference, three national parks, three nature parks, six significant landscapes, 12 rivers, 36 peaks, all possible weather conditions, welcome walkers on Via Adriatica, a long hiking trail which connects Cape Kamenjak with Prevlaka.

Full of impressions, after 52 days, 44-year-old Damir Šimunić from Karlovac, a former deminer, finished Via Adriatica by arriving in Kamenjak and becoming the first person with a prosthetic aid to cross this path, sending a strong message to all those who lack confidence in life's struggles.

Just a few days later, Cape Kamenjak welcomed another walker, 63-year-old Branko Kraševac-Kraš from Stubičke Toplice, who walked from Prevlaka for 38 days, delighting people on the trail, as well as followers on social networks with their posts in the Zagorje dialect, especially with a distinctive sense of humor.

Because of the people she will meet, Audrey DePaepe, a 24-year-old American from Oregon with Croatian roots, who is studying neuroscience in Barcelona, set off from the same place in Istria for Prevlaka on July 5. Her mother was born in Primosten, and she visited Croatia for the first time three years ago and was delighted. Chris from Oregon will keep her company on the road in the coming days.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.