• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Alpina Pilgrimage

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I agree - watch the video! Visit the website! Here is also a recent article in the Catholic Herald: Austrian priest to undertake epic pilgrimage across the Alps

But really, watch the video.

Just a minor correction of the OP: he's not German, he's German-speaking and he's lived in Australia as an exchange student, his English is great, too. I didn't get the "poor man's Bishop Barron" reference. TV?

Thanks for posting. I'm definitely going to follow this.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes Liechtenstein silly me, particularly given my familiarity with microstates -- thanks, corrected

Facebook sent me to this forum (post about thievery, of all things). Browsed through the "Other Pilgrimage Routes" to see what's new and found this thread about my walk.
The Via Alpina Sacra is done now, though I'm still laboring with the aftermath (video episodes). There are a few online now on the channel already listed above, including the trailer here:
Not sure if I continue to do the english episodes as it is a lot of work and interest does not seem too great (What happened to the people of Iowa? ;-) ). So I might end it after episode 10 (which is already recorded) that will be out on May 12th. But I do have a full length film coming up a few weeks from now and those who speak German will still get the individual episodes about the trip.

Cheers,
Fr. Johannes

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
I have just walked the Via della Costa, and posted the following conclusion from my walk on my blog at www.followingyourfeet.com. As this is not a walk that seems very popular I thought I would...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.