• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Augusta Cadiz - Sevilla, a video

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
I have made a video on YouTube from Via Augusta. There are not so many videos from this camino, so I found out that it was my turn to contribute.
I have put this text to it: "Via Augusta from Cadiz to Sevilla is a camino with few walkers. This 173km camino is probably the flattest of all caminos. Nice to walk in late autumn, when it is colder further north in Spain. Not very well marked, so be prepared with maps and the descriptions from internet. Especially important is to know your way out of cities, because there are no yellow arrows through most of them. I have walked this camino both in spring and autumn."
For more photo-videos, see my channel:

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I found an error in the video, so I had to edit it ones more. Now it should be alright.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for posting. It's definitely on my wish list in combination with VdlP.
Why did you took the train halfway to Utrera? Is this the section when you have to walk on the shoulder of very busy tarmac road?

We took the train, because Las Cabezas de San Juan - Utrera might be 32/33 km (or less... different numbers given). Doable, but a little bit long for 65+, and we had to skip a day or two somewhere to reach Monesterio - which we had to. I do not know this section, because I did not walk it in 2012 eighter. I have just seen the maps, and wonder if it goes parallell to the railway line or a road. To me it looks like the railway, but I do not know. http://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/caminos/etapa.asp?EtapaId=300&CaminoId=49
In 2012 I walked from Cadiz to Santiago/Muxia/Finisterre, and I wanted to start in Cadiz to walk from ocean to ocean.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I see you enjoyed the salmorejo very much.

Thank you for this information on yet another route worth discovering.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.