• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Aurelia albergues/haltes between Nice and Arles?

hecate105

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
'09 Portuguese Estellas '14 Aurelia '16 St Davids '17 Via Augusta/V dl P. '18/'19 Michael Mary Way
We are walking from Mouans Sartoux (where we work in the winter) towards Arles on the GR653A next week. We will camp most of the time (our dog prefers it!) but if anyone knows of any albergues/haltes or friendly accommodation en route I would love to hear about it! Also any places that we should visit along the way, historic/religious or just a good place to eat/drink? many thanks folks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sounds great. I can't help with your questions but would love to hear how you go - Nice is my favourite airport to arrive in Europe from Australia - so it would be lovely to find a logical Camino route from there. I'd also like to know how you find camping. We are planning on taking a tent next year for the El Norte and Primitivo - I've not used a tent on any of my previous Caminos but it makes sense now for various reasons.

I'll let you know when we return Kanga. We have camped a lot and enjoy it - but if there is an albergue available it seems like paradise! warm water, warm people...! The route goes up in the mountains quite a bit so we thought it better (especially out of season) to take a tent and basic food. I'm not sure when and where we will find shops open...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We only got in 3 days walking due to torrential rain closing in and our dog feigning an injury! Gorgeous route to walk - especially up onto the Esterel Mountains. Steep, rocky but impossibly beautiful. Important to gauge weather tho'. When it rains the pathways turn into torrents of rock and debris - not a good place to be. In summer heat it would be unbearable and a fire risk camping. So for an early spring or autumn route it is great. Fairly easy to find camping spots outside towns. important to take water up in mountains- all the springs have been capped off for reservoirs and we only found one place where a local had piped off a spring that we could fill up from. We enjoyed it immensely and will carry on the route either this winter or next - depending how the weather affects our work. Good thing is if weather is terrible it is possible to get down to the coast within a couple of hours to shelter or train/bus.

Fantastic photos Newfydog! The cork oaks down here are amazing. Unfortunately it has rained every couple of days so we are behind with work and will have to continue our journey next year. I'm glad to see there are other mad cyclists who pedal this type of terrain - some of the paths were like steep stream beds - hard work!! But the views are really worth it! Thanks for the link - I've printed it out for next time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.