A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Via de la Plata - 2014: A 960km walk through Spain

Camino(s) past & future
Frances ('10), Portugues ('11), Promitivo ('13), VdlP ('14), Ingles ('16), Torres ('17), Litoral '19
The Via de la Plata is perhaps the most memorable of the Caminos I've walked with my wife Pauline. I kept a diary of our 960km trek in 2014 and have finally posted it as a blog. https://landp-on-the-vdlp.blogspot.com

We took our time and walked for 51 days, plus three days sightseeing, so it's a long read (with lots of photographs), but it might be useful to anyone planning to follow our footsteps.

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
The Via de la Plata is perhaps the most memorable of the Caminos I've walked with my wife Pauline. I kept a diary of our 960km trek in 2014 and have finally posted it as a blog. https://landp-on-the-vdlp.blogspot.com

We took our time and walked for 51 days, plus three days sightseeing, so it's a long read (with lots of photographs), but it might be useful to anyone planning to follow our footsteps.
Will read! I wish I was there… ☹

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
A total of eight in the past 6 years!

I just walked from Salamanca to SdC this past fall. I am working on comparing notes! Thank you for your hard work, it is a pleasure to read and re-experience the walk.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2016), Norte (2017), Portuges (2018), Mozarabe (2019), Primitivo (2019), Via de La Plata (2
I live in a small village in the Sierra de Aracena about 30km west of the route of the Via de La Plata. Of course being human I have never walked this Camino - as you will see from my profile, I had planned to do a part this year. Oh well the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay. Over this last year I have been posting for people who have asked for weather advice for spring on the Via so that they would know what to bring with them. This year the spring has been awful - the wettest and coldest since we moved here in 2004 - so I have been saved from a few "you know nothing" posts by the virus shut down. When restrictions are lifted I'm heading to Seville to walk a week.

llonya

Laszlo
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre - 2014

Thank you very muchfor sharing your blog.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock