• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata Albergues (4)

handzondeck2

Time of past OR future Camino
Life is one big adventure - follow your dreams.
Hi again
Last update was from Tabara. So here we go again
Santa Croya de Tera - Casa Anita - 12 € very good
Rionegro del Puente - Good facilities. Right on the camino. Kitchen. Two dorms (upstairs and downstairs), washing machine and dryer. Cost 5€
Pueba de Sanabria - Casa Luz. Cost 10€. No municipal albergue in town. If walking to Puebla from Rionegro be careful of signage due to AVE roadworks.
Requejo de Sanabria - Basic albergue. No kitchen but hot showers. Cost 5€
Lubian - Basic albergue. Hot showers. Good kitchen which serves as an overflow for sleeping. Cost 5€. One other private albergue in town which is situated near main road on camino.
A Gudina - you must stop at Villavella on the way there. There is a new albergue about 1 km out of town. Went to the hotel which also has good pilgrims prices. 12 € for overnight. Good breakfast about 4€. Stopped here on the way. Cost of albergue at A Gudina 5 €.
Campobecerros - new albergue in train station 500 metres out of town up on a hill. Cost 5€. Modern facilities but no kitchen and the electricity and water is turned off at 2200. :cry:
Albergueria - A must stay here. Luis has an albergue right across from his bar. Donativo. 10 beds only but after climbing the steep hill and if you are tired this is the place to stay. :D
Xunqueira de Ambia :D - Albergue is situated about 300 metres out of town on the camino. Good facilities. Has a kitchen and hot showers. Cost 5 €.
Ourense - Stayed at the municipal albergue. Good facilities. Cost 5€ Easy access to everything.
Cea - Good albergue but get there early if you can. I arrived at 1500 and there were only four beds left. Has good kitchen and hot ´push type'showers. Cost 5 €. I ended up sleeping downstairs on the couch. 36 beds. There is also a private casa rural - cost 45€ dbl and 20€ single. Place to have breakfast in the morning - Cafe Latino.
Castro Dozon - municipal albergue about 500mt from town. Has kitchen and hot showers. About 20 beds. Cost 5€.
Silleda - municipal albergue closed until 01 Jul - 31 Oct. Stayed at Bar Maril. Apartment style accommodation. Cost 12€. Use of kithcen and washing machine. Close to all amenities about 200mt off the camino.
Santiaguino - municipal albergue. Warm showers when I arrived at 1530. Has kitchen. 36 beds. 1 km from restaurant. Cost 5 €. If passing through San Martin de Dornelas you might meet an Italian called Andrea. He is renovating a casa (sign on post in yard casa Ledras 1866) and will offer pilgrims water and food if required.
Santiago de compostela - I stayed at Roots and Boots (12€) if walking to Finisterra. Right next to the camino. San Martin Pinario - Hospederia Seminario Mayor phone +34981 56 02 82 Cost 23€ and includes breakfast. Right next to the cathedral. But there are heaps of other choices.
Place to eat Casa Manolo Plaza de Cervantes. Cost of meal 9€ Good sized portions too :)
Negreira - municipal albergue - 5 €. Two private albergues in town Lua and Saint Jose 9€ and 12€.
Villaserio - New albergue O Rueiro +34 981 893 561 next to bar. Cost 12€. Municipal Albergue - donativio.
Maronas - private albergue next to cafe bar
Olveiroa - municipal albergue Has hot showers and kitchen - 5€. :D New albergue before you get to municipal albergue cost 12€
Corcubion - San Roque (3 km from Cee) - donativo. Right next to the camino about 12 km from Finisterra
Finisterra - heaps. Municipal albergue - 5€
Muxia - municipal albergue - 5€. Must stop at Lires (as Eiras bar) to get stamp. It is about 14 km from Finisiterra.
Dumbria - new albergue opens at 1700h :( so if you want to stay there do not arrive early. I was lucky enough to get a tour of the albergue as I had arrived at 1200h. 18 beds in three rooms. Very modern and good facilities. Cost 5€.

Buen Camino to all who follow
Sharon (Australian Pilgrim)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
hola Sharon
great list - am sure it'll be very useful
Am puzzled abt Puebla de Sanabria - when I was there in Oct 06 the nuns at the Colegio Nstra. Sra. de las Victorias ran several dorms (in the classrooms of an old school bldg) where pilgrims could sleep, abt 12 beds per dorm - they were kind souls, the accommodation was very basic - but available nevertheless, good showers too. Great views out over the valley towards Requejo

buen camino a todos
Peter

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much for the amazing update. You have put lots of effort into giving very concise and useful info to those who follow in your footsteps, regards, Gitti

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back