Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Via de la Plata / Camino Sanabres map

JohnJocys

Past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata, Camino del Norte
I'm one who likes a decent map when out walking - can anyone suggest a map that covers the Camino Sanabres / northern part of the Via de la Plata?
I have the very excellent guidebook by Gerald Kelly which is helpful, I also have the Michelin 571 Regional Espana Noroeste Galicia road map, but at 1cm = 4km it's rather small scale.
I know I don't *need* a detailed map, but I would be happier carrying one.
Thanks in advance.

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I'm one who likes a decent map when out walking - can anyone suggest a map that covers the Camino Sanabres / northern part of the Via de la Plata?
I have the very excellent guidebook by Gerald Kelly which is helpful, I also have the Michelin 571 Regional Espana Noroeste Galicia road map, but at 1cm = 4km it's rather small scale.
I know I don't *need* a detailed map, but I would be happier carrying one.
Thanks in advance.
When we were hospitaleros this winter in Zamora there were some maps in the office that came with small books in different languages. they were for different Caminos (French, Silver, etc.) that traversed through the region. I believe they were put out by the by the government tourism office (Castilla y Leon). There were also some very good materials which described the various stages through the Zamora region. They had copies in different languages and these were updated to include which places might be closed in winter, etc. I don't know if you could contact them for some information? Looks like you can download materials here?
http://www.turismocastillayleon.com/en/art-culture-heritage/caminos-santiago-castilla-leon

We also like maps (military backgrounds) although they seem to be quickly going out of style.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads