• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata, camping and eating

Hobbledehoy

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata, Camino Sanabrés, Santiago de Compostela to Finisterre. (2020)
Hello,
My brother and I are walking the VdlP in March. Does anyone have any experience of camping along the way, wild or municipal?
Also; like a shrew; I have to eat my own bodyweight each day or else I get somewhat crotchety. Was food ever a problem for anyone?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It is not going to be a walk and find campground type of thing. Walking campground to campground deal,, No.
So, you can rule out municipal camp grounds. Actually in Seville there is only one private campground. Out by Dos Hermanas. Bus ride into city from out there.
Most likely you will hardly see a campground.

I do t know where you are from, but it is unfortunate there are so very few camp grounds along the Via.
Even in and around Seville = one at best.

Most likely you will hardly see a campground along the Via. If any.

But, having done four Caminos, I have camped in...

-Alburgues...used either my bivy, tent or hammock at alburgues. Checked in. If there was outside location there, I.e. on balcony, poarch, garden, yard, etc then I used my gear to sleep outside there. Paid fee. Used shower. Did clothes., ate...slept.
If no place to camp at the alburgues or I didn’t care for the alburgue then stealth camped.

Stealthy....with these strict rules: no fires, no smoking, no music/radio, etc. left clean. Departure was early. Never went over fence or through gate. Asked permission when possible.

I have asked private places to tent outside. By the time I paid for that wasbetter to get a roon.

one private hotel did have a shower room and bath out back. Was great. She only wanted few euros.

you could also ask at fire stations. Schools or churches. I have tented at all of those.

even ask at bars and cafes. The locals will tell you what would be best for you. Even heading out to the Campo to stealth camp.

on all of my walks I had one camping item. Not all three, or even two at a time.

there were places where each were great. And places where I wished for the other one.

the is a nice city camp ground at SJDP. Many who read on this board have used it their walk. Such as Rick& Peg on here.

food... cafes, Restaurants, etc along the way. Some alburgues May have a meal. Others can tell you which ones on the Via have a meal.
small stores in almost every town. And large cities for sure.

see you are starting in March. Just starting the warm to hot weather here in Seville. Wouldn’t leave much later.

Holy Week and FĂ©ria are huge events in Seville. If going to be in Seville for either make sure you have a reservation. Make it early as possible.

I prefer hotel Simon in Seville. One block from cathedral. Or Hostal San Vincente II (located close to Gran Pl).

I do not care for Triana Backpackers. Many other walkers have told me the same. It is too noise and no rest before walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
My brother and I are walking the VdlP in March. Does anyone have any experience of camping along the way, wild or municipal?
Also; like a shrew; I have to eat my own bodyweight each day or else I get somewhat crotchety. Was food ever a problem for anyone?
I found the food ‘yum’ on the Vdlp., and so much easier on the pocket than here in Oz and I’d guess much to your liking even coming from UK.
If you time your day to finish walking before they stop cooking the midday ‘menu Del día ‘ you’ll get plenty to sustain you. Usually 3 courses .. the first one is usually enough to fill most people. But if you’re like me ....... if it’s in front of me ., I usually find room. Especially for the ‘postres’ (desserts). The wine/or beer is ‘usually’included in the offering of the menu Del día.
There is also a Peregrino meal option but I prefer the menu del Día. Note : you don’t go hungry or thirsty in spain.
You will find once you have your route plan and an idea of your intended stops that there are sections where you should sensibly visit a supermarket the night before to ensure you’ve got some supplies. I take food that will keep if I do find a cafĂ© open instead. So fruit, nuts, chocolates , biscuits etc. always good to have emergency rations .. (eg salami, bread roll , hard cheese etc is good too )and of course your water !!! A must.
Unless you’re thinking of camping as you’re unaware of Albergues etc .... just letting you know that the accommodation dotted along the camino is generally very moderately priced and you may just realise, too late/ that you didn’t need the extra burden of the camping gear. Very personal though.
When in March do you hope to set out. I’d recommend sleeping indoors in March ;)

Buen camino.

Annie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I found the food ‘yum’ on the Vdlp., and so much easier on the pocket than here in Oz and I’d guess much to your liking even coming from UK.
If you time your day to finish walking before they stop cooking the midday ‘menu Del día ‘ you’ll get plenty to sustain you. Usually 3 courses .. the first one is usually enough to fill most people. But if you’re like me ....... if it’s in front of me ., I usually find room. Especially for the ‘postres’ (desserts). The wine/or beer is ‘usually’included in the offering of the menu Del día.
There is also a Peregrino meal option but I prefer the menu del Día. Note : you don’t go hungry or thirsty in spain.
You will find once you have your route plan and an idea of your intended stops that there are sections where you should sensibly visit a supermarket the night before to ensure you’ve got some supplies. I take food that will keep if I do find a cafĂ© open instead. So fruit, nuts, chocolates , biscuits etc. always good to have emergency rations .. (eg salami, bread roll , hard cheese etc is good too )and of course your water !!! A must.
Unless you’re thinking of camping as you’re unaware of Albergues etc .... just letting you know that the accommodation dotted along the camino is generally very moderately priced and you may just realise, too late/ that you didn’t need the extra burden of the camping gear. Very personal though.
When in March do you hope to set out. I’d recommend sleeping indoors in March ;)

Buen camino.

Annie

good feed back!

Hiya Annie! And Martyseville too. Our sentiments exactly re the food on the VDLP. never was an issue, and if there were places where no supplies were to be gotten the guide book gave ample warning (which one are you using btw?) We walked the whole last year, started in April, and yes, the evenings got pretty cold. Esp if you happen to get some rain too. So if you absolutely must/want to camp, you have to camp wild, or find out there and then if an albergue would let you camp in their grounds. I am told a lot of them don't mind, but certainly not all of them would have the facilities. We have not seen any formal camp grounds. And advise re free camping as above: leave only footprints and take only photos/memories, etc. Wish you a buen camino!

There are not too many formal campgrounds along the route but you will find that some albergues, particularly away from the large towns might let you camp in their yard. I have done this along the Frances and Portuguese route but did not carry a tent along the VDLP.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As has been said, the albergues along the route are QUITE inexpensive. That said, I walked with a lady last time who camped all along the way with her dog. Much of the walking is quite remote. I'd consider a bivy instead of a tent, and no fires.

Agree mucho with this! The older I get ( 82) the more I realise I cant make the distances between habitations. To counter this I have yet again redesigned my trolley so that I can fling a tent on it and then fling myself down when I have had enuff! :) Further thought brought me to swop tent for tarp and am considering bivvy. The snag with a bivvy for me is getting in and out of the damn thing. Supple I aint! The thought of me stuck in it whilst being visited by wild boar gives me the horrors!:)

Yours aye

The Malingerer.

It is not going to be a walk and find campground type of thing. Walking campground to campground deal,, No.
So, you can rule out municipal camp grounds. Actually in Seville there is only one private campground. Out by Dos Hermanas. Bus ride into city from out there.
Most likely you will hardly see a campground.

I do t know where you are from, but it is unfortunate there are so very few camp grounds along the Via.
Even in and around Seville = one at best.

Most likely you will hardly see a campground along the Via. If any.

But, having done four Caminos, I have camped in...

-Alburgues...used either my bivy, tent or hammock at alburgues. Checked in. If there was outside location there, I.e. on balcony, poarch, garden, yard, etc then I used my gear to sleep outside there. Paid fee. Used shower. Did clothes., ate...slept.
If no place to camp at the alburgues or I didn’t care for the alburgue then stealth camped.

Stealthy....with these strict rules: no fires, no smoking, no music/radio, etc. left clean. Departure was early. Never went over fence or through gate. Asked permission when possible.

I have asked private places to tent outside. By the time I paid for that wasbetter to get a roon.

one private hotel did have a shower room and bath out back. Was great. She only wanted few euros.

you could also ask at fire stations. Schools or churches. I have tented at all of those.

even ask at bars and cafes. The locals will tell you what would be best for you. Even heading out to the Campo to stealth camp.

on all of my walks I had one camping item. Not all three, or even two at a time.

there were places where each were great. And places where I wished for the other one.

the is a nice city camp ground at SJDP. Many who read on this board have used it their walk. Such as Rick& Peg on here.

food... cafes, Restaurants, etc along the way. Some alburgues May have a meal. Others can tell you which ones on the Via have a meal.
small stores in almost every town. And large cities for sure.

see you are starting in March. Just starting the warm to hot weather here in Seville. Wouldn’t leave much later.

Holy Week and FĂ©ria are huge events in Seville. If going to be in Seville for either make sure you have a reservation. Make it early as possible.

I prefer hotel Simon in Seville. One block from cathedral. Or Hostal San Vincente II (located close to Gran Pl).

I do not care for Triana Backpackers. Many other walkers have told me the same. It is too noise and no rest before walking.
Thank you very much for the info, all very reassuring. The tent is backup in case we get caught out; or find accommodation is full; or if the weather is divine! Have booked private accommodation in Seville, didn't particularly like the look of Triana Backpackers and thought there will be enough snoring and farting further along the road!

Yours, Mark.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hiya Annie! And Martyseville too. Our sentiments exactly re the food on the VDLP. never was an issue, and if there were places where no supplies were to be gotten the guide book gave ample warning (which one are you using btw?) We walked the whole last year, started in April, and yes, the evenings got pretty cold. Esp if you happen to get some rain too. So if you absolutely must/want to camp, you have to camp wild, or find out there and then if an albergue would let you camp in their grounds. I am told a lot of them don't mind, but certainly not all of them would have the facilities. We have not seen any formal camp grounds. And advise re free camping as above: leave only footprints and take only photos/memories, etc. Wish you a buen camino!
Hello P Rat, As this will be my first Camino I'm probably overthinking the journey and possibly the kit. I've decided the humidor and quilted smoking jacket aren't essential, or the natty clip on umbrella, but I have kept the uber lightweight trowel for burying poo and possibly my brother. There must be a Camino competition for the most unnecessary kit? I've got the Gerald Kelly 2020 guide which seems fine? I've suggested my brother download an app for backup and in case we need a break from each other! We won't have spent so much time together since leaving the parental home in the 70s.

Yours, Mark.

Unlike other who have responded, I did have a few times when I couldn't find a decent meal. I generally didn't get to my destination in time for the menu del dia, so that could have been a factor. I recommend that you carry some high calorie snacks at all times.

Thank you very much for the info, all very reassuring. The tent is backup in case we get caught out; or find accommodation is full; or if the weather is divine! Have booked private accommodation in Seville, didn't particularly like the look of Triana Backpackers and thought there will be enough snoring and farting further along the road!

Yours, Mark.

mark, glad you found place in Seville.

Just in case, so others know, Hotel Simon is nice. One block from cathedral. Many walkers stay there.

also, Hostal Vicente II is a gem. Not too far from central. By Gran Pl.

good luck. When in Seville try to catch a bite at La Isla fish place. Also go to top floor of Corte Ingles. Great roof top viewing.

many other things to do/see in Seville.

Bl sings,
Enjoy
Keep walking

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello P Rat, As this will be my first Camino I'm probably overthinking the journey and possibly the kit. I've decided the humidor and quilted smoking jacket aren't essential, or the natty clip on umbrella, but I have kept the uber lightweight trowel for burying poo and possibly my brother. There must be a Camino competition for the most unnecessary kit? I've got the Gerald Kelly 2020 guide which seems fine? I've suggested my brother download an app for backup and in case we need a break from each other! We won't have spent so much time together since leaving the parental home in the 70s.

Yours, Mark.
I found the Wise Pilgrim app very useful.

mark, glad you found place in Seville.

Just in case, so others know, Hotel Simon is nice. One block from cathedral. Many walkers stay there.

also, Hostal Vicente II is a gem. Not too far from central. By Gran Pl.

good luck. When in Seville try to catch a bite at La Isla fish place. Also go to top floor of Corte Ingles. Great roof top viewing.

many other things to do/see in Seville.

Bl sings,
Enjoy
Keep walking
[/QUOTE

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Agree mucho with this! The older I get ( 82) the more I realise I cant make the distances between habitations. To counter this I have yet again redesigned my trolley so that I can fling a tent on it and then fling myself down when I have had enuff! :) Further thought brought me to swop tent for tarp and am considering bivvy. The snag with a bivvy for me is getting in and out of the damn thing. Supple I aint! The thought of me stuck in it whilst being visited by wild boar gives me the horrors!:)

Yours aye

The Malingerer.
82! Obviously there are benefits to malingery! I spent a lot of time looking at bivvy bags but decided that I would just feel too vulnerable lying out with the "Restaurant Open" sign illuminated. Feel safer in a tent, despite a memorable encounter with several donkeys; in a field in Ireland; who were determined to eat the fly sheet and guy ropes. Can still see the massive ears silhouetted against the night sky!

Yours, Mark.

Unlike other who have responded, I did have a few times when I couldn't find a decent meal. I generally didn't get to my destination in time for the menu del dia, so that could have been a factor. I recommend that you carry some high calorie snacks at all times.
Thanks for your advice. Will definitely be carrying nuts, dates, and chocolate!

good feed back!

Buen camino.

Annie
Hi Annie,
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. We'll be leaving Seville on 20th March. I might well mail the tent back to Blighty if it proves superfluous, along with half the other stuff!

Yours, Mark.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I see @martyseville comes from Sevilla. !! You can’t get better input than this then. Seeing it is you first camino Hobbledehoy - just put all this camping stuff in a pile and check it’s weight. You’ll be carrying it every day ! But I guess with 2 of you ; you can share the weight.

Question for @martyseville ?? Do you know the actual times that are ‘normal’ for serving ‘menu Del día ??

Have booked private accommodation in Seville, didn't particularly like the look of Triana Backpackers and thought there will be enough snoring and farting further along the road!
For the record- many give Triana backpackers a good recommendation/ I shied away from it as I perceived it as more for the young? Re snorers: the albergues weren’t packed early April when I walked. I doubt you’ll have much ‘competition ‘ in March. A thought.
I've got the Gerald Kelly 2020 guide which seems fine? I've suggested my brother download an app for backup
Gerald Kelly guide is good . You can also join his fb Via de la plata group for useful help
- also in case you do have a tendency to get lost ?? Download app: maps.me (At home) and then; also the tracks for spain - it’s on this forum by @Thomas1962 Open this link which gives tracks on all spain. Your brother can do this. When you open the link he gives instructions on how to do it - so don’t be daunted. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...l-caminos-and-accomodation.51781/#post-816257
Maps me will run for you whilst phone is on aeroplane mode. Does not require wifi nor data. It uses your gps. Note: it will use battery though ; so close it when not needed.

also, Hostal Vicente II
I have stayed in Hotel Simon on my first visit to Sevilla. (Good + well situated near cathedral ) 2nd time (2019) in private Bnb for a couple of days. Lovely. Stacks to see in Seville. Check out the threads in this forum ‘ use search button’ things to do in Sevilla.
Note: get your credenciales stamped at cathedral. Remember to get a stamp from where you stay each night but other places have stamps/sellos. Ie tourismo offices , cafes bars , correos/post offices,
Etc.. even police, lol. Get 2 stamps per day on last 100km to Santiago to qualify for Compostela
We'll be leaving Seville on 20th March. I might well mail the tent back to Blighty if it proves superfluous, along with half the other stuff!
I’ll be ahead of you /but starting same day .. I started in Seville last year but stopped at TĂĄbara (on the SanabrĂ©s section).. I’m completing from there this mar/apr.

Good luck if you take the tent - So many people even ditch their ground roll up mat !

Buen camino
Annie

I absolutely loved the Hotel Simon. We were given rooms off the "antique" alcove. It felt very special.

I see @martyseville comes from Sevilla. !! You can’t get better input than this then. Seeing it is you first camino Hobbledehoy - just put all this camping stuff in a pile and check it’s weight. You’ll be carrying it every day ! But I guess with 2 of you ; you can share the weight.

Question for @martyseville ?? Do you know the actual times that are ‘normal’ for serving ‘menu Del día ??

For the record- many give Triana backpackers a good recommendation/ I shied away from it as I perceived it as more for the young? Re snorers: the albergues weren’t packed early April when I walked. I doubt you’ll have much ‘competition ‘ in March. A thought.
Gerald Kelly guide is good . You can also join his fb Via de la plata group for useful help
- also in case you do have a tendency to get lost ?? Download app: maps.me (At home) and then; also the tracks for spain - it’s on this forum by @Thomas1962 Open this link which gives tracks on all spain. Your brother can do this. When you open the link he gives instructions on how to do it - so don’t be daunted. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...l-caminos-and-accomodation.51781/#post-816257
Maps me will run for you whilst phone is on aeroplane mode. Does not require wifi nor data. It uses your gps. Note: it will use battery though ; so close it when not needed.

I have stayed in Hotel Simon on my first visit to Sevilla. (Good + well situated near cathedral ) 2nd time (2019) in private Bnb for a couple of days. Lovely. Stacks to see in Seville. Check out the threads in this forum ‘ use search button’ things to do in Sevilla.
Note: get your credenciales stamped at cathedral. Remember to get a stamp from where you stay each night but other places have stamps/sellos. Ie tourismo offices , cafes bars , correos/post offices,
Etc.. even police, lol. Get 2 stamps per day on last 100km to Santiago to qualify for Compostela

I’ll be ahead of you /but starting same day .. I started in Seville last year but stopped at TĂĄbara (on the SanabrĂ©s section).. I’m completing from there this mar/apr.

Good luck if you take the tent - So many people even ditch their ground roll up mat !

Buen camino
Annie
Hi Annie,

You should write a guide!

I'm quite Old School so I'm taking paper maps, compass, theodolite, pith helmet...........Not really! Though yes, trimmed down paper maps and a compass. Thanks for link.
I'm also thinking of taking my Jetboil as there is nothing like a cuppa al fresco. I expect you're all laughing; thinking; "He'll learn!"

Buen Camino, Mark.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Annie,

You should write a guide!

I'm quite Old School so I'm taking paper maps, compass, theodolite, pith helmet...........Not really! Though yes, trimmed down paper maps and a compass. Thanks for link.
I'm also thinking of taking my Jetboil as there is nothing like a cuppa al fresco. I expect you're all laughing; thinking; "He'll learn!"

Buen Camino, Mark.
Love your sense of humour!
Regarding the Jetboil - a few pilgrims on this forum always use one - So not strange at all.

Buen camino
Annie

I am also going to carry a camping stove on my two caminos this year (from Almeria and Irun).

I recall a lot of good kitchens on the VDLP without any means to cook. Also the outside space too - important if you are using a gas stove! I also found it hard to find cafes some early mornings and happy to make my own coffee.

My camino from Almeria this year will take 50 ish days, so I would like to be able to cook myself as I get a bit bored of Spanish food after a week or so and often crave international grub.

I am also going to carry a camping stove on my two caminos this year (from Almeria and Irun).

I recall a lot of good kitchens on the VDLP without any means to cook. Also the outside space too - important if you are using a gas stove! I also found it hard to find cafes some early mornings and happy to make my own coffee.

My camino from Almeria this year will take 50 ish days, so I would like to be able to cook myself as I get a bit bored of Spanish food after a week or so and often crave international grub.

Hi Ant, I watched a fair number of your VdLP videos
Will finish the series soon. Its

Im carrying a very lightweight Tent ( why not as im carrying a lightweight Sleeping bag anyway) but here is my question, Where in Seville can I get Small Gas Cylinders for ... you guessed, a even lighter Stove ??

Like Mark ... the idea is more to take advantage of spot/weather and also if i decide my feet require a stop in between villages !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m sure I saw a Decathalon in Seville centre, a quick google should give a location.
Regards
George

I’m sure I saw a Decathalon in Seville centre, a quick google should give a location.
Regards
George

Thanks ! I noticed a small one in the centre and a large one on the outskirts when i was there in October, but didn't visit either ... Our local and very large branch sometimes has zero stock .. sometimes has... weird situation with no rythme or reason 👌

Mark
Camping: use initiative, be imaginative but always ask the “right” questions; bivvy bag alternative to tent?
Feeding: simply take advantage of whatever presents itself but always carry ample reserves; skip taking stove with cutlery and crockery.
Simples.
Go for it.
Paul

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Feel safer in a tent, despite a memorable encounter with several donkeys; in a field in Ireland;
Wise decision Imo. I don’t like putting a ‘dampener’ on anyone’s enthusiasm but I would feel even worse if I said nothing : there are scorpios in Southern Spain and spiders which I was told are more painful than the scorpios.... Better to be able to shut yourself in safely 🙂
I also saw snakes when walking but never when camping.

Food is generally good on the Vdlp, Menu of the day at late lunch will set you up for what you need at a reasonable cost. Shops tend to be small, full of tinny things and not very inspiring. Cafes are further apart and not always open early but it just makes the coffee all the better.

I take a bivi bag on the more remote routes and have wild camped when needed, but the Vdlp has generally good and cost effective alburgues and I really need to wash and clean up after a dusty day on the trail. While I am usually a grumpy solitary sole, it can be nice to met fellow pilgrims at the alburgue, there are not that many in this route and they can be very interesting people.

Ive met a number of campers on the Vdlp and the gear they took really slowed them down, not to mention their tails of whoa about finding water and restocking supplies. It's not worth the extra weight and wear and tear on your body, unless of course that it what you are after.

And yes there are snakes, I once washed out a giant centipede from my trouser leg, not sure how long I carried it but trust me while I can deal with weta, these slithering things are outside of my comfort zone.

And yes there are snakes, I once washed out a giant centipede from my trouser leg, not sure how long I carried it but trust me while I can deal with weta, these slithering things are outside of my comfort zone.
Good reminder. I’m with you ! in saying that ‘snakes and spiders are outside my comfort zone too’.
April 2019 Vdlp had seen a fair bit of rain / there was a section which covered in low lying water .(had been signed to divert) .. not wanting to walk the extra k’s I stomped on. But- a few k’s along ., seeing that snake in the water !! I turned back and went the long way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I found water to be an important consideration on the Via - far more so than the Francés, where there is a village and water fountain every 8 km or so. So if you plan to camp on the Via, factor in carrying enough water.

There are campsites in Seville (at least 2!) Merida and 5km past Salamanca...
Lots of places to wild camp - including the gorgeous oak forests.... (pic)
And many albergues - we used all 3 methods due to budgets! The albergues we used were 3-7euros.
There was food available in almost every village and a fair few towns/cities on the route - any long days - stock up and take plenty of water. Plenty of pilgrim menus - yum!

Attachments

• IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the VĂ­a de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back