• Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar
  • Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Resource icon

via de la Plata GPS track file 2013-10-28

No permission to download

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay

Advertisment

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
I am starting vdlp tomorrow and downloaded this but hundreds of numbers came up on my iPhone. Perhaps my meager technical skills limit me?
Sounds like you opened the file without a gps app. Try opening the file in a specific app such as motionx or even google maps

Kevin considine

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2), Chemin du Puy, Portuguese, Via de la Plata
Sounds like you opened the file without a gps app. Try opening the file in a specific app such as motionx or even google maps
I opened google maps and see no indication there is a way to download a gps file into it? Could you be more specific please?

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ok, that file is a.gpx file, the standard gps format. It can be loaded into a handheld gps or an app such as motionx gps. Options:

1 Look and see if a .klm or. Kmz file exists. It will open in google maps. You can also convert it with http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

2 Download motionx gps app. It will open that .gpx file nicely.

3 (BEST:) Download the app maps.me. Download the maps of your area so you have them offline. Get a .kmz file and load it into the app. You'll have the track and a detailed map everywhere, all the time

Advertisment

hotelmedicis

Commercial Interests
Camino(s) past & future
CF: 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 (part), 2017
Finisterre: 2017
VDLP: 2012, 2018
Thank you for this GPS file. I've loaded it onto OruxMaps and it looks great. I think this will help a lot. I got a map of Spain from OpenAndroMaps and loaded it onto OruxMaps and then opened the .gpx file and voilà, it looks great! Thank you!

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June