• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata in April

ivanzu

Hi!

Anyone start VDLP after 19. April?
My plan is to start in Sevilla on 20. April and finished in Compostela at the end of May.
I done CF twice last year.

Ivan

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes! I will be on Via de la Plata in April, but a bit ahead, starting in Caceres in the third week of April. Walked from Sevilla to Caceres two years ago. Be prepared that this is something else than walking the french route - in many ways. Look forward to the flowers! Last half of April is just the right time for that.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As someone who has never walked the Via de la Plata, I bet I speak for many of us who hope you will have a wonderful trip and be able to give those of us still on the fence a lot of information about what it's like. I have been thinking that the next holy year might be a good year to walk the Vdlp, on the theory that there will be a spike in the number of walkers that might get it out of the "totally solitary" category into the "occasional company" category. Buen camino to you all.

Reading here and in other forums, it seems it will not be as solitary as it may have been. I think that the CF with it being so popular is opening us all up to the idea of others. You know for sure you will be hearing about mine. I would love to do the CF again, but wanted the Via just to try and experience all the caminos, one by one.
Hooked
Lillian

Hello all--my first post on this forum. A friend and I will begin our pilgrimage on the VdlP on April 17; after two days in Madrid we will start from Caceres with the intention of making it to Santiago in 5 weeks. We are not young; I am 71 and my friend is 65. I walked part of the CF in 2005, and spent two weeks walking from LePuy to Conques in 2006. Looking forward to meeting those of you walking around the same time in April from Caceres.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Patricia and welcome to both you and your friend!

No doubt you have found lots of great information here on the forum. I'm sure I speak for all of us Pilgrims when I wish you fair weather and Buen Camino! Hopefully you can occasionally post here and keep us apprised of your progress!

I will be starting from Malaga at the beginning of April, hoping to finish the last week in May or first week of June.

I have just started an intensive Spanish course in Granada, and am getting used to olive oil with my breakfast tostada.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back