• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata in June

Surfette

Hi everyone! I am interested in doing the VDLP in June 2008. Does anyone have any updates on the VDLP from 2007 - in particular on facilities, refugios etc? Also I am interested to know what kind of temperatures I might experience at this time. I have completed the CF over two years and loved it, although the crowds were a little tedious.
Thanks for considering my posting here

Buen Camino !

Gráinne

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi - I was out on the VdlP walking from Salamanca in May/June last year. Conditions were perfect. There were a few other pigrims around. Lots of room in albergues and always alternative cheap accomodation. Go for it!

Buen Camino

Thanks Johnnie Walker (great name!). Do you think it is necessary to bring a sleeping mat for April/May ... beginning my packing !
Grainne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there

I've heard recent reports that that there are more pilgrims on the VdlP this year - but last year for example in May/June in a typical albergue of 20 beds - there were 6 of us - and that was busy! If it was my choice I'd leave the mat.

Buen Camino

John

On March 15 I had 16 pilgrims staying at the pilgrim albergue in Salamanca.
The ´heavy season is spring and fall. In between, especially around Merida, it´s like Hell with the lid off. But people are still doing it!

reb.

I am on the Via now and have had no problems with finding space. I sent back to Madrid a sleeping roll. Nevertheless I have seen albergues fill up.
Yet we was in Aljucen a few days ago and my son and I had the whole albergue to ourselves. BTW, while there go to the Roman baths. Great price for pilgrims. And soooo soothing to the legs.
If you go to Aldea del Cano, there is a good albergue there. NOt mentioned in guides, but I liked it...also good food at the Las Vegas bar.
We are in Caceres now....woohooo Internet!! Only found so far in bigger cities.
Lillian

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well, it´s still June, so thought I would add to other posts. I have been walking alone (my son is on the Camino Frances) since Baños de Montemayor and have met very few pilgrims. Twice now I have been totally alone, like last night, in Villanueva de Campear. Today I am in Zamora, and there is a brand new albergue here that is incredibly huge (3 floors) and modern, with all amenities. Nice view as well. The temperatures so far have varied, with very hot days earlier this week to very cool today, after a front came through.
I cannot stress enough what a wonderful camino this is. I have met so many lovely people, seen so many beautiful cities, a countryside so varied, with plains and mountains and forests. And best of all not crowded. Also very clean, no litter except in the cities, but the Camino is totally clean. I saw my first tissue yesterday morning.
The CSJ is in need of updating. There are many new albergues, closed albergues, etc. I am not sure what alternative there is.
I know it is getting hotter, but luckily I am north of the hottest southern areas. It was so hot one day and a long stage with nothing inbetween that I arrived quite dehydrated and pretty upset. Especially with some road walking which feels hotter than anywhere else. Must be well prepared with water. I carry a small umbrella which I have used as a parasol.
There is so much to tell about this trip.... I have a blog going and hope to update it soon.
Loving it
Lillian

You are so courageous Lillian - I don't think I could ever walk a long, lone pilgrimage. Please ask someone to take a photograph of you with your parasol - it will make a charming peregrina picture!
Am reading your blog - big hugs,

The VdlP is developing all the time - it is necessary to complement the CSJ Guide with the updates on the CSJ Website and also the updates on the Pili Pala Press website - even then they won't include all new facilities. It is really good if pilgrims take a few notes an e mail them to the CSJ so that they can be available for future pilgrims.

Great to hear from you Lillian - con parasol!

Abrazos

Juan

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back