• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata in October/ November

Marie-Christin

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015
Camino portugues 2015
??Via de la plata 2016????
Hello everybody,
I'm new in this forum. My name is Marie and I allready walked the camino frances in 2014 an the camino portugues in 2015. I'm thinking of doing a part of the via de la plata this year. But due to work issues the only time with holidays is in mid october/ november.

Has somebody allready done the via in this time range? Or do you have other ideas for a pilgimage in this time of the year?

Thanks, Marie

*Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language*

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum.

I've done the VdlP twice (and the Sanabrés four times) in October, November and December. I loved it. The autumn colours, cooler air, no crowds. Really looking forward to reaching the vía some time this November, after setting off from Almería in mid October.

Hy alan,
thank you for your response,i allready read your 2012 winter report. Where the albuerges open or did you stay in hostels, pension?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@Marie-Christin The fall is a lovely time to walk, I did the Salamanca - Santiago stretch one year in October-November and it was wonderful! You will find lots of chestnuts on the ground to roast, fresh figs etc. I never had a problem with albergues in that stretch and even if you start further south you will always find a bed (have done Sevilla-Salamanca also in February).

@alansykes you are one up on me: I have done the Plata twice and the Sanabres three times. Going back in a couple of weeks to walk two weeks from Sevilla. The Mozarabe from Almeria in October should be lovely, I did the Granada-Merida stretch also in October.

As we have been walking through fields of wild flowers we have been commenting that it must be the most beautiful time to walk this route. Perhaps we are wrong!!

Hello everybody,
I'm new in this forum. My name is Marie and I allready walked the camino frances in 2014 an the camino portugues in 2015. I'm thinking of doing a part of the via de la plata this year. But due to work issues the only time with holidays is in mid october/ november.

Has somebody allready done the via in this time range? Or do you have other ideas for a pilgimage in this time of the year?

Thanks, Marie

*Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language*
Hello

I also am planning to walk in Oct Nov 16 Starting about the 25 OCT. I am unsure about the weather (too cold) and if there will be accommodations open along the route. I would welcome any comments. Thank you

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back